DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
383 Posts
Doubt it would be the O2 sensor... the truck would still run. Could be the coil or other ignition parts, but it would have a really tough time starting.

My initial thought was the idle air controller, could just need cleaning or may have failed and need replacement. I would start by removing the throttle body and giving it a good cleaning.

· Registered
383 Posts
daklover said:
My truck has no problem starting, except for when it dies, It will crank fine but not fire however if i let it sit for at least 15 min it will start back up no problem
Sounds like an ignition (coil possibly) issue or wiring issue. I have heard of similar problems happening when the crankshaft position sensor (CPS) goes bad. Do a little searching on the net and you should come up with the ways to diagnose and test the coil and CPS.

· Registered
383 Posts
That sensor is the MAP sensor... sometimes the vacuum line to that dries up, cracks, or just plain comes off... that will do hell on the way the truck runs, but it would do it consistently. That could be a major factor in the issues you were having.

· Registered
383 Posts
The thing is.... I am pretty sure anyway... if it was the speed sensor it wouldn't affect idling or starting, right? It sounds to me like the IAC is bad, even though it is clean, it could still be bad. When driving and letting off the throttle it would have to go from closed to partially open, and if it doesn't do this the engine would stall. If it sticks closed and you try to restart it, you would have to hold the throttle open and wait for the IAC to finally react like it should for the engine to idle. I would replace that first and see what happens.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.