DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other day I was snooping around a local salvage yard and found 3 265/70/17 rugged trail BFGs (stock dodge tires) just like the ones on my truck.

One of the tires is brand new never been on the ground the other two look to have less than 10k mi on them. I asked how much and the guy told me $35 each...so I bought all three.

Now I have a dilemma. My truck only has about 15k on it and is no where near needing tires and when it does I want to get 305/70 or 315/70. Do you think a tire shop would work a semi trade for 8 good 265/70's for 5 305/70 or 315/70??? Did I get a good enough deal to make this work?

·
Hemi x 2
314 Posts
Definitely worth a shot. I know discount tire offers trade ins. Can't hurt to ask. And if they do take them, you should probably at least get your money back for them. $35 a piece is cheap.

·
You've been Hijacked
14,749 Posts
you definitely got a great deal on those tires. Not sure how a trade in would work for you though. At the very least you could sell them in the classifieds or ebay and make some money off them toward the new ones.

·
Registered
195 Posts
If you are going to use them, you got an excellent deal. If you trade them, I wouldn't expect anybody in our area to offer a ton.

I've had good luck with LWM on I-35.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts