DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the key trick does not work on my 04 HEMI RAM QC. I followed the instructions of the video... got the Chime. A/C stops working & doorlocks/windows as well... but after a few minutes everything works again... I try to go past 105... but no cigar...

I guess I have to spend the $300 for a stupid chip...

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
Is that the one where you turn it back or turn it forward? I know I've read where both work so you might try the other way.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I only found the one that you turn back one click & wait for the chime... that's the one I tried.

I'll search for the other... thanks...

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
Yea, I'm pretty sure there were some that got it to work by turning the key forward. Apparantly with the truck in gear if you do that, it doesn't engage the starter and allows it to work.

·
Vertically-Challenged
12,020 Posts
Turning the key forward you hear the chime then things turn off for a second then they turn back on. Then you can go balls to the walls!

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Is this the key trick that gets rid of the speed limiter?

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
yup

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
SamCarroll said:
Turning the key forward you hear the chime then things turn off for a second then they turn back on. Then you can go balls to the walls!
Truck must be in gear to turn the key forward? I have not had any luck finding the key forward trick doing a search... only the one click back video...

How about a chip? I tried doing a search to see what people were using... only found that the Jet chip was not a good choice... any other options?

·
Dodge User
1,213 Posts
superchips mircotuner

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
Superchips isn't out for the 04s as far as what I've heard...

And yes, the truck should be in gear for the key forward trick. Otherwise it'll jsut engage the starter again.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
SuperChips needs to hurry their asses up!!

I sent them an email about 2 weeks ago requesting info on the '04 tuner.

Their answer was vague . . .

·
ITS SO SLOW !
1,653 Posts
the trick will work in park the new dodges have a no double start feature meaning it will no try to restart it will give you the chimes and you are good to go

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.