DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
******* SPACESTATION
5,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, finally got time to go and do 2 passes on the local 1/8th mile strip.
Results aren't what I was hoping, but I have a heavy truck (5812 lbs with me in it) and mud terrain tires, so it could be better with some weight reduction and proper tires.

Anyway, here are the numbers for both passes:
The left is my time trial, right is the elimination time.

.500 tree speed .500
0.00 dail in 10.70
.977 reaction 1.008
2.417 60 2.418
65.31 MPH 65.03
10.709 660 10.738

My reaction time is pretty crappy, but it was my first run at the strip and I had adrenaline from hell! :rck:

I'm going to get the B&G flash done ($350) , a set of 295/70/16 Toyo street tires ($500), then go again next season and see what difference it makes.

Did do a nice job of roasting the BFG mud terrains. Holy crap, those 33" tires made some smoke (pics coming when developed, used the 32mm camera- the digital is too slow).
It surprised me how easy it was to smoke the tire, having never tried power braking the truck.

Pics to follow.

·
Ram Racer
1,584 Posts
:cool: :tup: :tup:

Some approx stats on your passes as requested ;)

10.70 et @ 5812lbs requires approx 247hp @ flywheel (185-190rw)
65.31 mph trap speed @ 5812lbs requires approx 235hp @flywheel (see below)
1/4m ets of approx 16.8-16.9 can be expected based on your 1/8m times depending on conditions. Math says 16.7 but lifted with big tires it catches more air so has higher drag coeff which costs et/mph
0-60mph = 9.03 seconds approx.

NOTE; The mph vs weight hp ratings tend to be low. Accelleration formula's are based on lower drag coeff. of a car. I find the et/wt calculations are much closer to actual dyno #s when it comes to a truck.

As I mentioned in our PM I was kind of surprised just how heavy your truck is. Dont be too disappointed, for that much weight, peg leg and tires you ran a pretty good et ;) Now lets see those pics :D

If you want better reaction times if you go again, may want to read my dragracing 101 page. Stagging shallow and leaving as the last yellow bulb lights up will get you an rt much closer to .500

·
******* SPACESTATION
5,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks RM Indy...as soon as the wife finishes shooing the rest of the pics on that roll, I'll get them developed.
We couldn't use the digital because it takes too long to reset between pics, and the zoom is only 8x.

Not the numbers I was hoping for, but gives me a reason to go for more power.
Yeah, I guess it's not too bad considering the weight.
There was a F-150 that ran a 12 something, a S-10 4.3 that ran a 11 something, and a Z-71 that ran a 11 something. Kinda suprised that the Z-71 wasn't faster, i have raced them on occasion and they are pretty quick. Only beaten the 2 I raced by less than a car length. That was from 0 to 50 (or the next red light).

Here are some teaser pics from the digital until I can get the others developed.

Attachments

·
Ram Racer
1,584 Posts
Figure those tires and flash you could probably expect about .5 seconds off your et and about 3mph faster trap speeds :cool:

Still wating on those smokie burnout pics you tease!!! ;)

·
******* SPACESTATION
5,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
sorry man, still have 20 something pics left on that roll and there's been no photo ops...too cold to go fishing and too rainy to take any scenic pics.
The first roll has a peg leg burnout, the second roll has the burnout with both tires smoking.
I just asked the boss and she said we can shoot the rest of the other roll this weekend...come to think of it, tonight we just got her an 06 Hemi Durango Limited 4x4, so she'll probably be taking some pics of that after I wax it tomorrow.

Pics are coming, no later than next week. sorry about the wait, I want to see them just as bad as yall.

·
******* SPACESTATION
5,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
pics are in

finally got the pics back, here are the good ones.
Sorry about the wait...
Got pics of both burn-outs, and a pic of the first launch.
On the last pick you can see the nose raise up a bit, the back didn't really squat much due to the AALs, but the front jumped up a bit.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Nice burnout pics. What happened to your rear left quarterpanel next to the bumper? Looks a little crumpled :(

·
******* SPACESTATION
5,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Grantman31 said:
Nice burnout pics. What happened to your rear left quarterpanel next to the bumper? Looks a little crumpled :(
thanks.
That was done by Rocks & Trees Inc when I was wheeling years ago.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.