DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was gun ho on getting the diablo so i hurried up and sold my superchips to not lose any money on it. witch i dont regret. then over x-mas break installed a fastman tb, 6.1 cam, and lt headers. now im perfectly fine with how my truck performs now, for what it is. so im looking to get a tune of some sort and be done with my truck and start putting money away for the future or next toy i want. when i had my superchips before the recent mods i was fine with how it performed. so i would imagine id feal the same about it now?

should i really wait for the diablo instead of picking up a cheap used superchips again? would the custom tuning really make that much difference with the mods i have witch are pretty mild.

i really want better shifts witch superchips will do. having a 04 i dont think diablo has trans support yet.

thanks

·
11 sec club
6,067 Posts
I say just get a cheap used superchips. I mean it works great on lightly modded trucks

·
Fastest stockblock 4x4 NA
2,695 Posts
You should think of what you will be happy with from now on till you sell your truck (if you did). Cause if you do get the superchips are you gonna want a tune later in a year or so, cause if you do then the diablo it is the way to go, or if in a year or so you want bigger cam, maybe a sidewinder or a 260, then diablo is a way to go. If you don't want to buy anymore performance mods then superchips is the way to go. BUT diablo resell value is higher also.

I vote to buy what will suit your needs for the entire time you own the truck.

Go with SCT!!!! ;)

·
Valdez Racing Team
13,913 Posts
if you get a sc, get a psc1 (or smt)...it really woke up my truck with the 6.1 cam, sc and psc combo...

·
I RECOMMEND FUKKEN WAX
13,989 Posts
Superchips

·
Banned
10,983 Posts
For lightly modded trucks Superchips works just fine and the TCM control functions properly. Also, they'll be a few more options here soon.

If you're going custom tuning, go with SCT. It works and hemifever is a proven custom tuner.

Sil

·
I RECOMMEND FUKKEN WAX
13,989 Posts
Superchips has great canned tunes. And SCT is great for custom tunes. Unfortunately, neither of those allows you to run a canned tune while you finish your mods and then upgrade to a custom tune. Diablo definately has a place in the market, as does it's competitors.

·
Lovin My Ram
525 Posts
amen to that...diablo is awesome!

the 87 tune for diablo is crazy...it shifts fast and hard at full and even part...i cant wait till i get the 93 tune in :D

imo get the diablo u never know what u will want 6 months down the road

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Superchips has great canned tunes. And SCT is great for custom tunes. Unfortunately, neither of those allows you to run a canned tune while you finish your mods and then upgrade to a custom tune. Diablo definately has a place in the market, as does it's competitors.
I offer a CAN tune with SCT that will blow SC and Diablo's can tunes out of the water. :)

·
Registered
87 Posts
Ive got an 03 is there a programmer that will give me better shifts?

·
Registered
373 Posts
i really want better shifts witch superchips will do. having a 04 i dont think diablo has trans support yet.

Thats what has me keeping my superchips so far. I would love to have a sct from hemifever, but I hate the way the tranny shifts stock. just my 2cents

·
Meet Hemi!!
5,728 Posts
If you really want an SCT or Diablo.

Diablo you can do your own Data loggin and you have tha ability to see it on your laptop, and you can make your own adjustments, like Timing, wot Fuel, Rev limit, idle speed and a few other things. I have also yet to hear that Diablo has melted any pistons or blown up any engines.

SCT has the ability to do those things to but you can't adjust them your self. SCT has a few smoked pistons and blown engines.

I'm not saying that Diablo in the wrong hands can't do damage, it just hasn't yet and it seems to be a better product by and large.....

I might get slammed for saying so... But I'm used to getting slammed by now... :D

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i never realized how much shift points make a difference till i got rid of my superchips.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
i never realized how much shift points make a difference till i got rid of my superchips.
I let my dad barrow my superchips for 2 weeks. Just to let him decided if he wanted his own...That was the worst 2 weeks of my life. you don't realize it until its gone, that for sure!

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
if i knew for sure superchips would take away some of the surging when coasting i think i would be happy with it.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.