DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spoke to a tech at Diablo today and got some information for thier 5.7 HEMI tuner that is due out late December. From the conversation, you will be able to custom tune to your liking. This is unlike the SC and HyperTech that have preset programs that you use. Fuel, rev limit, shift points, O2 sensors on/off and many others. From what I can tell the Diablo does everyting the SC does plus more. Instead of just three programs you can custom tune your fuel tables to get a better fuel mixture if you want to drag race. Worth waiting for.

·
All Around Great Guy
12,675 Posts
Schweet!

·
The Doc
302 Posts
katuil said:
I spoke to a tech at Diablo today and got some information for thier 5.7 HEMI tuner that is due out late December. From the conversation, you will be able to custom tune to your liking. This is unlike the SC and HyperTech that have preset programs that you use. Fuel, rev limit, shift points, O2 sensors on/off and many others. From what I can tell the Diablo does everyting the SC does plus more. Instead of just three programs you can custom tune your fuel tables to get a better fuel mixture if you want to drag race. Worth waiting for.
I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you. We have been hearing how they are going to be releasing it any day now for at least a year. We also heard some rumors from BD that others have said were untrue. Be wary and don't trust the man....
The Man, er The Doc.... ;)

·
All Around Great Guy
12,675 Posts
We are still waiting on the HEMI BULLYDOG BETA TESTER. I am not holding MY breath on that either. IMO it will be NO BETTER than the current superchips. I am keeping my superchips, just wondering if they forgot about us? No custom tunes in sight... Does not look good

·
Valdez Racing Team
13,913 Posts
...sumthin is better then nuthin...hehe, i remember when SC was tryin to finish the flashpaq for the hemi way back when...where was bullydog and diablo then...

·
All Around Great Guy
12,675 Posts
They may have gotten a later start... Point is, i think everyone jumped on this due to INTERNET COMPATIBILITY and the ability to fine tune your engine. All i have seen is generic tuning and bad tuning on that when looked at with a laptop

·
Registered
30 Posts
I was talking with a rep from Magnuson and he claimed this just won't happen because DC is not releasing the code for the computer. Without that, all you can do is "fool" the computer into massaging the readings.

·
Banned
2,489 Posts
Todd157k said:
I was talking with a rep from Magnuson and he claimed this just won't happen because DC is not releasing the code for the computer. Without that, all you can do is "fool" the computer into massaging the readings.
Superchips definitely changed the calibration significantly.

·
Goodbye My Love . . .
1,761 Posts
Just got the same answer. They are 5 minutes from my house. They told me mid to late December. A couple of my friends with lightnings and other Frauds have them and they seem to be doing them some nice justice.

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
i would really have a lot to learn in order to use the diablo properly then, i'm not a mechanic... just know what i've learned over the short years.

oh... i just sold my hypertech, thinkin bout buyin the superchips, i guess i will buy it anyways, like some of u said... it's very unlikely they'll release when they say they will.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
my buddy has a ford and his has just about 8gs in motor work and said the diablo tuner was hands down one of his best mods

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
If it works like the gm ls1/2 programmer it would be great. You could just tell the truck it doesn't have o2 sensors, tell it its got a huge cam and it won't throw codes. We will probably just get another version of the superchips though.

·
Josh
4,202 Posts
i sent them an email anyway, cause i dont wanna miss out on been a tester like with the bully dog so who knows maybe a light from up above will shine down on me, ok back to reality i wish someone could make are trucks tunable like everyone else!!!!!!1

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
hemi1569 said:
We are still waiting on the HEMI BULLYDOG BETA TESTER. I am not holding MY breath on that either. IMO it will be NO BETTER than the current superchips. I am keeping my superchips, just wondering if they forgot about us? No custom tunes in sight... Does not look good
Its better than Superchips in the fact it was free :D

I think one thing that gets missed in all of this is the driveline. Sure, there may be programmers that add 30 wrhp, but it is still running through a crappy drivetrain. In stock form, these trucks cannot get of their own way in the lower rpm's.

This is just my personal opinion, but I'd invest in a performance torque converter, aluminum driveshaft, and gears before I got really crazy with a programmer. I know the torque converter, driveshaft and gears cost more than a programmer. And it is true that they are harder to install than a plug and play programmer. But no programmer adds 65-80 ft/lbs of torque off the line (APS torque converter) or drops .4 off your 1/8th mile time like 4.56's(maybe in the 1/4 but I haven't read of anyone claiming Superchips dropped this off their 1/8th mile).

·
Goodbye My Love . . .
1,761 Posts

·
Had 392.. Now.. LS2 GTO!!
4,362 Posts
^^^^ i sure hope they come out with one. but i am not holding my breath

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
sandiegohemi,
the torque converter does not give you any torque at all much less 50+. It will help your times but it will not add any power

·
Valdez Racing Team
13,913 Posts
...it doesn't add horsepower at the flywheel....BUT, it makes the horsepower coming from the flywheel more useable at the wheels...less driveline loss...

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
no, thats wrong also. It allows the engine to rev to a higher rpm before powering the rear wheels. Its comparable to reving up a manual transmission before letting the clutch out. Yes the aftermarket converter is more efficient, but we are talking about maybe 1% improvement in power. Most of your drivetrain loss is in the tranny, and rear end, not the torque converter.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.