DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Banned
4,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Diablo what seems to be the hold up..........give us the details not the pcm not the tcm what the hell is the matter so maybe someone out there can help you guys............DIABLO cant crack codes i dont get it..........1 to 2 years of programming.......there is tuning for the 4.7 6.1 but not the 5.7.........im sorry i just think it should have been done by now......i guess what im saying its a computer.......whats so hard to crack about it..

if it is a ford or chevy.........its done within a year.........

i dont care about a release date :rck:

·
Goodbye My Love . . .
1,761 Posts
rumblin_hemi said:
Diablo what seems to be the hold up..........give us the details not the pcm not the tcm what the hell is the matter so maybe someone out there can help you guys............DIABLO cant crack codes i dont get it..........1 to 2 years of programming.......there is tuning for the 4.7 6.1 but not the 5.7.........im sorry i just think it should have been done by now......i guess what im saying its a computer.......whats so hard to crack about it..

if it is a ford or chevy.........its done within a year.........

i dont care about a release date :rck:
Its actually pretty hard. I will be heading over to the Boca Office in a few days to get an update as well.

·
Banned
4,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have always been tho if something is hard find a way to get it done..........just how a i feel........especially when some ppl invested money into it on preorders....

kinda like me building houses........if i run into a problem i have to get it done and get it done fast ........cuz ppl dont like waiting....believe me

·
Banned
508 Posts
SiZzOuRcE said:
Its actually pretty hard. I will be heading over to the Boca Office in a few days to get an update as well.
Is it?

if you ask me I think its all a scam! People want what they can't have. the longer they hold you off, the more you want it, the more they can drive their prices up.

·
Goodbye My Love . . .
1,761 Posts
My friend, before you start questioning my statements, please search around and find out exactly what goes into creating a tune, none the less a tune that works perfectly with thousands of the same vehicle safely and effectively. You can believe what you like, and your right about the marketing standpoint, but you are greatly mistaken if you believe its all a scam and can get it done so quickly.

The reason you see Ford and Chevy tunes out within a year is because companies used to be mainly focused on Ford and Chevy and lesser on Dodge as it wasn't such a performance market minus the specialized companies for Mopar. These companies put major man power into motors and tunes that are MUCH easier to tune (no thanks to Chrysler on that fact). Up until the release of the HEMI's and SRT-4's (and so on), there wasn't too much out there for us Mopar, but as you can see, once companies saw what companies like SUperchips can do, they seem to all pop out of the wood work. Some bad, some good.

I don't know about you, but when it comes to safety and stability on my truck, I don't mind waiting a little longer (~1 month) since the original release date. Just remember back to the days of the Superchips release (many people will tell you stories about that and so will the search feature on this forum).

Not trying to start a flame war, but please, be gentle when your speaking about a touchy subject with many people. Maybe you know more than me? Who knows, but if you do, please share. Just don't be so quick to judge.

·
Now Hemiplus
1,835 Posts
I think there is a lot more to it than most people realize. Ford literally sent out the specs on most of the parts for the new Mustang to major aftermarket companies before the car was even released. Roush, Saleen, Steeda... all had parts ready for the Mustang when it came out. Do you see Dodge doing anything like that?

·
New name, same taste!
1,586 Posts
viper1 said:
if you ask me I think its all a scam! People want what they can't have. the longer they hold you off, the more you want it, the more they can drive their prices up.
I don't want what I can't have, especially if the price goes up. The longer they take on it, the less I care about ever buying one.

·
Valdez Racing Team
13,913 Posts
...boy, this sure sounds like superchips before they came out...

·
Registered
118 Posts
If its so easy and you want it done so bad, create something yourself!

If you're not willing to put in the R&D and know-how, then wait like the rest of us lol.

Arron

·
Banned
508 Posts
SiZzOuRcE said:
My friend, before you start questioning my statements, please search around and find out exactly what goes into creating a tune, none the less a tune that works perfectly with thousands of the same vehicle safely and effectively. You can believe what you like, and your right about the marketing standpoint, but you are greatly mistaken if you believe its all a scam and can get it done so quickly.

The reason you see Ford and Chevy tunes out within a year is because companies used to be mainly focused on Ford and Chevy and lesser on Dodge as it wasn't such a performance market minus the specialized companies for Mopar. These companies put major man power into motors and tunes that are MUCH easier to tune (no thanks to Chrysler on that fact). Up until the release of the HEMI's and SRT-4's (and so on), there wasn't too much out there for us Mopar, but as you can see, once companies saw what companies like SUperchips can do, they seem to all pop out of the wood work. Some bad, some good.

I don't know about you, but when it comes to safety and stability on my truck, I don't mind waiting a little longer (~1 month) since the original release date. Just remember back to the days of the Superchips release (many people will tell you stories about that and so will the search feature on this forum).

Not trying to start a flame war, but please, be gentle when your speaking about a touchy subject with many people. Maybe you know more than me? Who knows, but if you do, please share. Just don't be so quick to judge.
First of all, let me just start by saying, I was NOT questioning your statement. I was merely stating a fact. There are some of us who are a little more fortunate in terms of tuning abillities.

It can be done! nuff said~

·
Valdez Racing Team
13,913 Posts
...I think the issue is the promises...if they didn't make these delivery promises I don't think anyone would have cared when they came out....same thing happenned with superchips...gave up with the expectations and was pleasantly surprised when it did come out...

·
Valdez Racing Team
13,913 Posts
...hehe..Viper1 has his OWN custom tuner...Diablo Wishes they had his guy!!!...lol..

·
Garaged
4,323 Posts
viper1 said:
There are some of us who are a little more fortunate in terms of tuning abillities.
It can be done! nuff said~
I agree, it can be done and will be done soon for all. Its a lot broader than changing a couple of things in one PCM. It takes time.

im sorry i just think it should have been done by now
No rush, its not like its a life threatening situation and we must have it or the world will come to an end. :thatfunny

especially when some ppl invested money into it on preorders....
Now on the Preorder thing.........Come on......common sence tells you not to preorder these kinds of things. I don't care if some sales man promises you anything. Salesman are just that.......salesman. These kinds of product ALWAYS get delayed.

I hope that clears some things up. :D

PH (Honester than a MoFo)

·
Registered
28,800 Posts
383HEMI said:
Now on the Preorder thing.........Come on......common sence tells you not to preorder these kinds of things. I don't care if some sales man promises you anything. Salesman are just that.......salesman. These kinds of product ALWAYS get delayed.
I said the exact same thing in the pre-order thread for Diablo...I have seen too many people get screwed over on deals like this...and although it was a great price, common sence should have told everyone better than to preorder a tuning device for a hemi truck.

Obviously nobody is going ot just lose their money, but it is just a huge inconvenience having to wait so long after sending payment.

·
Banned
4,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
this is why i want diablo to answer......i would like an answer from them.....telling us in detail whats going on ......i have read there forums......i jus twish i knew what the problem was exactly ....its the pcm.....what about te pcm......thats all .....

·
Goodbye My Love . . .
1,761 Posts
Cummins isnt owned by Mopar and probably doesn't use Mopars infamous tunes.

·
Banned
932 Posts
rumblin_hemi said:
this is why i want diablo to answer......i would like an answer from them.....telling us in detail whats going on ......i have read there forums......i jus twish i knew what the problem was exactly ....its the pcm.....what about te pcm......thats all .....
I am interested too, but only because how they have gone about things makes no sense to me.

The NGC3 PCMs are the same piece of hardware no matter what vehicle it's in, and they all use the same communication protocols(SCI J2190). Doesn't matter of it's a Charger or a RAM... same hardware. The difference is in the software that resides on that hardware. So this business of needing a different type of hardware to talk to the Ram PCM is complete BS.

If you can program one NGC3 PCM, you can program them all. It's just a matter of reverse engineering the software for a particular vehicle so you have the correct parameters for all the tables. Once you have done it on one vehicle, it shouldn't be hard to do it on another. Of course once you have done this, you also need to test it and make sure you properly reverse engineered it. A bit on the wrong place could spell disaster.

·
25HEMI00
1,064 Posts
i'm willing to wait for a good tune. why have them push something that will fry your truck? buy a superchips if you need the tune bad.

·
Josh
4,202 Posts
josh im still waitin on that pro racer package!! sucks that this stuff happens, but it does with almost anything, like when microsoft pushed the release of vista and it had so many bugs in it. or the problems people had happening with the new cummin's, but they fixed it now so just chill people. Money lost sucks I know this.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.