Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All I have to say is WHAT THE F!!!!

Dynoed today and I LOST 1HP and 3TQ over Hypertech???????????????????

I am so pissed!!!!!!

What I don't get is that she feels soooo much faster and so why the bad #s????

I did talk to Shawn Ellis (at Superior Automotive) who is a authorized Diablo tuner and he said that I need a custom tune, yha think???

But the canned tunes are supposed to give 20/20 and I lost???????

Pics and graph to come.

And no I have not uploaded the newest update. Mainly cuz I am on a Mac and Diablo does not support Mac:tdwn:, so if anyone has a PC laptop that they want to sell let me know.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Bad air? Used oil? Dirty air filter? Did not hold your tongue right when you were stepping on the throttle? Its a programmer for a gas engine. You can only squeeze so much horsepower out of timing. I would think that all the programmers are going to be relatively close in horsepower gains. But i could be wrong. that's just my thought processes

·
Try harder
13,230 Posts
I wouldn't stress about it too much. Before this you were very happy with the truck, don't forget that. You may have lost a little (it's really not much if you think about it) but you probably gained throttle response and maybe more power/torque throughout the band instead of just at the peak.

·
All Around Great Guy
12,674 Posts
^^^^x2

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh yha my #s were
Diablo 313.10 HP and 303.33TQ
Hypertech 314.02HP and 306.31TQ
Pre 6.1 cam w/hypercrap 298HP and 330TQ

Oil and filter were changed about 1000 miles ago, air filter is clean, I have put about 300 miles and her since I programmed her. Must be the tongue thing!:D

Could be plugs I have never changed them but I don't even have 30k yet on her???

I do realize that 20/20 is approx but to lose over hypercrap!!!!

It just sucks that the more money I put into her the lower my #s go!!!

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
can you compare curve to curve? your peak numbers might be lower but if you came out with more area under the curve then you increased over the rest of the powerband, just not the peak

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
You would be surprised how fast these cheap copper plugs wear out on these hemi's. Take the truck to the track. That will be the true test

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I will post my graph of both Hypercrap and Diablo side by side and they are pretty much the same all the way except Hypercrap is better but Diablo feels sooooo much faster.
My printer/scanner is out of ink and won't do anything without ink??? So by Monday I will be able to post my graph.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You would be surprised how fast these cheap copper plugs wear out on these hemi's. Take the truck to the track. That will be the true test
I was going to go last weekend but we had high winds, next track day is in March.

·
bubba
1,561 Posts
did you just install it, mine took about 3-4 days of driving for the truck to go

"whoa, theres a new tune, gotta go fast"

ive had bullydog, S/C 3815, and now the diablo. i like the S/C shifts, but its faster with the bullydog

·
Registered
154 Posts
Log your short term and long term knock retard. A pro tuner should have picked this up but if you are just straight dynoing they won't even be connected for that. Diablo's tuners are notoriously lean and regardless of fuel quality you may be losing advance to detonation. I found the canned tune for my SRT to be attempting for too much advance and then of course not enough fuel. Your truck is running a really an extremely mild cam but you will definetely benefit from a CMR tune anyhow. I would look at total timing on each cylinder and the knock levels you are seeing before complaining. You truck "feels" more powerful because the Diablo lessens the levels of torque management drastically.

·
Fastest stockblock 4x4 NA
2,695 Posts
i would be more pis$ed off about only getting 16 hp and losing 24 ftlb's of torque with the 6.1!!!!

Good lord take that thing out.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
There have been plenty of folks to take their Diablo to the track and run slower than Superchips.

When we dyno'd FG04's 392 stroker a month ago, I threw my '08 SRT8 Charger on the rollers. Made a Diablo can tune pull. Got 371 rw. Then I reduced some tq mgmt and it did 361. Then I returned it back to stock and got 374. The dyno guy pulled up an '06 300c srt8 he had done a few weeks prior and the curves almost layed right over each other.

But it really enhances the overall drive, with the tq mgmt delete and transmission stuff I don't care that it lost a few hp on the dyno. On a side note, I went ahead and did some light custom tuning on it and see some nice decreases in my 0 to 60 times in the time stamps of the logs. Not sure if the dyno will show the difference though.

·
11 sec club
6,067 Posts
A local buddy of mine who is on dt(spark plug) got a full custom tune done friday & only gained 10hp over superchips. The diablo guy said there will be a little more when all the stuff for the 03's are out but I dont see it being that much. He got a full dyno tune custom tnue to. His truck is an 03 hemi w/ full exhaust, intake, & efan

·
Toothy Critters Rock!
7,238 Posts
A local buddy of mine who is on dt(spark plug) got a full custom tune done friday & only gained 10hp over superchips. The diablo guy said there will be a little more when all the stuff for the 03's are out but I dont see it being that much. He got a full dyno tune custom tnue to. His truck is an 03 hemi w/ full exhaust, intake, & efan
dyno tuned???
what did that 10 hp cost?

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
dyno tuned???
what did that 10 hp cost?
I was told by Shawn (Diablo tuner) that a dyno tune would be $400 to $500. He said that he would make my baby run like she never has.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.