DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I'm a "newbie" here, as well as a first time truck owner.:cheerl:

We just bought a new, 08 Dodge Big Horn Ram (4.7L), bright red. We got our truck this past Tuesday and yesterday, I discovered a dent in the front bumper, next to the license plate holes.

We've been very careful of our new investment, but some people just don't seem to care. :mad:

Does anyone have any recommendations for hammering out this kind of dent? It's about 4 inches long, running vertically.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for your help.

Jim

·
Registered
31,151 Posts
more than likely not going to be able to hammer it out and have it look decent.

Get a new bumper........they fit 02-08 model years. LMC Truck also sells some.

and........welcome to DT!

·
Indy Fan
676 Posts
New bumper???? Make it a roll pan! Get ready to spend your money if you plan on hanging around on this site. Haha. Sorry I don't have much experience in body work. Welcome to DT!

·
Indy Fan
676 Posts
D*mn illiteracy gets me everytime. I appreciate you catching my mistake and not confusing Jim.

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
got any pics? I am afraid that you probably would have to replace not pound it out

·
Tricked out Ram
12,615 Posts
I know what you mean about other people not caring or being able to drive thier own piece of sh!t w/o hitting yours. For a long time now I have gotten into the habit of parking in the back part of parking lots and taking up four spaces to do it. Ive never had anyone question me on it but if they do I can gladly bring them over and show them all the small dings and dents in my doors from other people who didnt care.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the help. I've been doing some other looking around and talking to guys - and the consesus is that I'm just gonna have to live with it. Damn shame.

Jim

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
I always park as far as possible back
its funny when i drove $hit cars nobody ever hit me but now

·
Registered
430 Posts
Hello everyone. I'm a "newbie" here, as well as a first time truck owner.:cheerl:

We just bought a new, 08 Dodge Big Horn Ram (4.7L), bright red. We got our truck this past Tuesday and yesterday, I discovered a dent in the front bumper, next to the license plate holes.

We've been very careful of our new investment, but some people just don't seem to care. :mad:

Does anyone have any recommendations for hammering out this kind of dent? It's about 4 inches long, running vertically.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for your help.

Jim
How many miles were on it? How much was it? 2wd or 4wd?

·
Registered
2,659 Posts

This is what someone did to me on day 3 of ownership rt. side I know it's hard to see I had it replaced at the tune of $733 Thank god for insurance

·
Registered
141 Posts
dent

I had a shopping cart hit my front bumper back in June 08 when a tornado passed close by and dented my bumper. The dent was about the size of a league ball. I was able to get it out with small chunk of 2" aluminum bar stock. I went from the back side to pound and used the round side to match the curve of the bumper. Also I had my wife hold a piece of aluminum flat stock on the front to keep the metal from deforming. The bumper is really amazingly soft so it went back into place with a few wacks. It worked so well that the bumper was back to new again.

·
locogk
5,856 Posts
i had someone that didnt care about my truck and got my rear bumber i got it out i can tell where it is but it looks better i went to harbor freight and got a set of body tools it worked good it ran around 18.00 for the set

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
ouch Mike! thats $$$$
I hadn't had a claim in awhile the aftermarket bumper was $300 the rest was paint labor and the plastic piece that got nicked. The shop owes me $75 for that since the reused mine but I'll never see it.

·
You've been Hijacked
14,746 Posts
welcome to DT, sorry to hear that sombody was careless enough already to dent your new truck

·
Serenity
5,947 Posts
Keep an eye out on craigslist - I see chrome ones for sale all the time. And since an 02-08 bumper is the same, you have lots of opportunity to fine one. They are real easy to remove and replace yourself.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
To everyone that responded...

Thanks for all your input. Valuable inforamtion and I appreciate it. Since I've never done any bodywork, I'll just have to live with it. I'd be afraid to hammer it our, particularly since I have been advised not to, because of the potential for the chrome to crack. That would look worse than what I now have, and I really can't afford to buy another bumper right now.

Particularly since I just went and bought a black lift-up tonneau for the bed and step rails for the truck. it wold get too easy too fast to spend lots of money on this truck. Can't do that.

But again, thanks for all your help.

Jim Case

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.