DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Pirate
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
are there any "brush guards" on the market worthy of stopping a deer from destroying the front end of the truck?

·
Banned
8,865 Posts
I doubt it. You hit a deer going 65, and you will undoubtably total the front end of any vehicle. You can get a Hanson offroad bumper and grille guard, but a deer is gonna do some damage

·
2000 Durango R/T
1,065 Posts
Go to a railroad scrap yard, get one of the old "wedge" things they used in the old days to move cows (I think that's what they were for?) out of the way. Or just mount a big spike on the front to impale it, that way you could still take it home and have dinner.

·
WORLD'S GREATEST TRUCK
4,435 Posts
That's funy, King, I searched and sould only find this, " She was caught by the cow catcher on the steam engine and carried ..." from some site

·
The Legendary Cross Ram
3,696 Posts
Well, it can also be used to move imports outta your way while you're crusin'. ;)

·
Pirate
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hahaha, unfortunately my durango couldn't beat the 7 except from a dig for about maybe 1/8th mile (thank you torque). wouldn't mind killing some fartcanned honduhs though.

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
patryn:

Actually, a Hanson bumper with a grille/bush guard might protect the front end from a deer. Hmmm, a cowcatcher might work too, but you'd still need something to stop it from hitting the D. As far as imports, I turned a Turbo Saab into a convertible one winter. :evillaugh

·
Hummer Recovery Vehicle
6,250 Posts
well, u could go with roadarmour but they are about 2 grand per bumper, but it has a cage that wraps over the hood.

if you arne't interested in that, your best bet would just be a mopar brush gaurd like i have or somethin of the like.

i dont know if any of you guys remember or not, but there was a picture of a durango t-boning a armored bank truck. it flipped the truck and did some damage to the durango, but mostly to the brush gaurd, all the body panels were good except for the drivers fender and windshield. that's pretty good crash protection IMO and in comparison a deer shouldn't be much of a problem.

·
Backwoods Hillbilly
995 Posts
Yep, I remember that one cbrenn. That was an awesome pic. As opposed to something to protect the front end, what about those little whistle things that stick on your front end. They're supposed to warn deer off or something, but I have no idea is they actually work.

I hit a young deer on the interstate a couple of years back in my Jeep. Killed the deer, but didn't do any damage at all to the Jeep. That's one seriously tough stock front end.

·
Pirate
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i've heard the whistler dohickythingymabobs didn't really do much of anything except leave sticky residue on your bumper after the deer takes them out.

what kind of price do the mopar guards go for?

·
Registered
517 Posts
If your worried about price, ditch the Hanson idea and check out Kennesaw. They have a very heavy front bumper and very heavy brush guards. You can even get them to customize the bumper if you want additional tube steal added to the grill guard.

Like Cbrenn said, it won't stop all damage, but it will definitely stop alot of it.

·
Hummer Recovery Vehicle
6,250 Posts
my mopar gaurd was 102 on ebay used, then it cost 55 for the sandblasting and powder coating. so, i have 157 total in mine. granted, it was in the same town as mine. so shipping wasn't an issue.

·
Bushwacker!
2,787 Posts
i use a 30-06 as a deer stopper. aslo works well on elk. for maximum protection i use my .338.

mike

·
WORLD'S GREATEST TRUCK
4,435 Posts
That armored car accident was in Corona, It was a guy in his 70's.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.