DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where did you guys get yours and how much were they? im not worried about them having a drain or temp fitting although it'd be nice, but i can weld them in if i have to.

·
Transmission Man!
3,508 Posts

·
muddynoll
19 Posts
I got my B&M Pan at Summit. I think it was around $160.

·
Woodstock
762 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Woodstock- Thanks for the info and web site. Sounds like a pretty good deal for that price. Looks like I'll be purchasing one from them.

·
Transmission Man!
3,508 Posts
Now I would think that pan would not fit on a 46RE due to VB interference (I don't always trust what they say as far as fit applications) but if you say that it fit your 46RE fine then that is good to know! :D

·
Woodstock
762 Posts
The pan fit great. Plenty of clearance. The pan is huge compared to the stock one and has cooling tubes running through the bottom of it. The drain plug is magnetic, but I still installed the factory magnet from the old pan.
I have to thank tactransman for hooking me up with transmissionpartsusa.com or I would never have found it.

·
Transmission Man!
3,508 Posts

Here is another pic of it from a different angle

·
Transmission Man!
3,508 Posts
That one is no deeper than stock.

·
Registered
193 Posts
New Pan 46RE

Just got this pan and a Fastman valvebody. Will install tomorrow.

Attachments

·
Transmission Man!
3,508 Posts
That is probably the best pan made! Very nice drain plug :D Very good quality.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
where is the best spot to put the temp sensor.. im thinking on the back passengers side, close to the indent for taking out the screw? looks like it *should* clear everything in there..

·
Transmission Man!
3,508 Posts
I like 'em in the pan. It tells you the temp of the fluid that the trans is getting ready to use.

·
Mmmmmmmmm, beer.
2,485 Posts
Yes, but temps in the pan are always cooler then what the trans actually is. If your trying to avoid overheating, this is not the reading you want. If you have a larger then stock capacity pan escpecially, that fluid temps can actually stay cool down near the bottom of the pan where air flow over the pan is cooling the lower portion of fluid. This also happens to be where your sending unit usually is too. So your getting the coolest reading possible with this setup. The trans can be getting very hot, but you won't know it because you're reading cool temps in the bottom of the pan. I have seen this with my own trans since I take trans temp readings from 2 spots (the pan being one of them). Usually the pan will reach a certain temp, and then temp increases slow down, even as the trans continues to heat up at a more steady pace at the other sensor location. I once was running over 240 on my trans temp reading, but only 195 in the pan. I could have easily overheated in this condition if I relyed on the pan reading only.

·
Transmission Man!
3,508 Posts
I still like the pan. :D

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
oh man now im confused. i have the stock pan, and i planned on putting the sensor on the back side of the pan kinda up high. autometer recommends this i believe.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.