DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after reading about debadging on here for 6 months, I got a wild hair up my a$$ today and decided to do it. Started at 8am and its now 1 and I'm not done. The tailgate was pretty easy, but the "Ram 1500" on the doors SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I used fishing line to cut the chrome part away, and have been peeling off the black adhesive underneath. Well, there is still residue left on the paint (clear, wrinkly). Nothing I've used is working - Goo B Gone, WD-40, Mopar Super Kleen, etc.

Any suggestions on what to use?

·
Getting my life back!
945 Posts
I used 3m adhesive remover but in order to get rid of that clear wrinkle, i had to wax it off.

·
Coolest Ram Club in FL
4,295 Posts
what i used to get that off was a sticker remover from the auto store, i would spray it on let it sit their for a minute and then rub it off it may take a couple of runs but it worked great, just remember to wash and wax your truck to protect it after its all done and get some pics up when done!!!

·
Registered
3,048 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
3m adhesive remover from napa and a plastic putty knife or scraper with a t-shirt wrapped around the plastic putty knife is what I did.

·
Whiskey Bent & Hell Bound
2,277 Posts
Mine left ZERO residue. I debagded shortly after buying it. The adhesive came off pretty much in one piece (for each letter/number). :D The only thing that I found helpful, was that I did it in the afternoon when it was warmer. I tried first thing in the morning, but it started pulling off in small pieces. When its warmer the adhesive is more plyable and came right off with the clear residue and all.

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Its done!!!! I bought some 3M Adhesive Remover and that made the job quick. Before, what took me 2 hours, took 15 minutes with 3M. I'll chalk it up as a learning experience. I went back and waxed over the areas and it removed the outline of the letters (3M couldn't get it off). I removed the "4x4 Offroad" sticker that was on the bed panels, the decals on the front doors, and the "Dodge" and "SLT" from the tailgate. Thanks for your guys' help! Here are some pics -

·
Coolest Ram Club in FL
4,295 Posts
looking nice man welcome to the debadged club

do you like it? thoughts?

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
eatsleepdrivesc said:
looking nice man welcome to the debadged club

do you like it? thoughts?
Thanks man. I love it, its nice and clean. I should have done this a while ago. The only badges I left were the Hemi logos on the front fenders.

·
Coolest Ram Club in FL
4,295 Posts
True True enjoy man

·
Registered
1,566 Posts

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I remember reading your post about it, but I felt like spending 5 hours in the sun (not really). If I would have used the 3M adhesive remover to start, it would have taken 2 hours tops. That stuff is awesome.

I am really liking the look of the truck! Part of me wants to take the Hemi badges off so people have to guess what it is. But then again, its kinda cool to have the decals on the fenders.

·
2,277 Posts
sandiegohemi said:
Part of me wants to take the Hemi badges off so people have to guess what it is. But then again, its kinda cool to have the decals on the fenders.

I had a hard time making that decision too, for the same exact reasons.

Looks good bro! It makes waxing a hell of a lot easier.

·
If UCme runTry & keep up!
541 Posts
I have found some stuff called Goof Off, it is a liquid like goo gone but works a heck of alot better IMO.

p.s. Looks great sandiego :rck:

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks! So, have most of you guys left the Hemi badges on or off?

·
2,277 Posts
sandiegohemi said:

I took mine off. I like to keep people guessing. :D

Besides, it gets old every time you pull up to a light and someone sees your "HEMI" badges and automatically wants to race.

·
If UCme runTry & keep up!
541 Posts
sandiegohemi said:
On Here.

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I have been thinking about it all day - to debadge or not to debadge? Right now, I am definitely leaning towards taking them off. I like the stealth look.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.