DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This seems to be a popular thing for people to do to their trucks, and I’ve been wondering at it for some time. May it be it be a Dodge, Chevy, Ford, Toyota, or what ever, I don’t understand it. It seems to me, this has stemmed from ricers and their POS body kits. After they add their plastic crap you can’t really tell what it is.

I look at debaged tucks / SUVs the same why. Not that its to hard to tell a Dodge from a say a Ford, but it makes no since to debage your truck. I’m proud to own a Dodge, and a Jeep for that matter. Both have Mopar written all over them, and I wouldn’t want to take that away from them.

Are people so ashamed to drove X truck they fell the need to take off any thing with that makers name on it? Rear lovers of their trucks want every one to know what it is, and display the trucks make every way they can.

I don’t know, maybe I’m crazy, but debadgeing just doesn’t make any since. Some one care to explain? And don’t tell me it looks cleaner b/c it doesn’t.

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
Some guys like their ladies shaved up nice and clean. Others don't and want it natural. All a matter of taste man. I like a little landing strip...hence the reason just the Hemi badge stayed put on my lady. :D

KB

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Actually to me it does look cleaner, especially when the rigs have that damn big horn badge under the RAM 2500. Too much. It's all prefernce, some like lifted some like lowered and some just no mods at all. Why ask why?

·
Tank Mech
3,687 Posts
You ask opinions, then say "Don't tell me X, because it doesn't." Did you really want opinions, or just want to vent?

The reason you negate is EXACTLY the reason why I debadged. A truck without stick-on chrome all over it IS cleaner.

But hey, different flavors for different tastes. Some like Rocky Road, some like plain Vanilla. I don't begrudge anyone for eating Vanilla, don't call names at those that want something different.

·
Northernmost Chevy Killer
385 Posts
I pulled mine cuz it looked cleaner and the 1 in the 1500 on the drivers side was almost hanging off after 1 week. I took off all the dealer crap too. I left both ram heads because I like them. I personally think if you have to ask what it is that you shouldn't be asking.I hate when people put a big silverado on their front windshield or a huge bowtie on their tailgate. I just think it's a little overbearing. Also for those not in the know I don't want to advertise what engine I have so every teenager wants to race. But I would be happy to be sporting that cummins badge.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Very interesting analogy you have there Kenny. All though, I think its backwards in my case.

No, I’m not venting, I’m just wondering why some people fell the need to do that to their trucks. And lowering a tuck is like lifting a Viper. Not that it can’t be done, it shouldn’t be done… But your right, to each his own.

·
The Walt-n-ator
2,491 Posts
DodgeThis_AZ said:
This seems to be a popular thing for people to do to their trucks, and I’ve been wondering at it for some time. May it be it be a Dodge, Chevy, Ford, Toyota, or what ever, I don’t understand it. It seems to me, this has stemmed from ricers and their POS body kits. After they add their plastic crap you can’t really tell what it is.

I look at debaged tucks / SUVs the same why. Not that its to hard to tell a Dodge from a say a Ford, but it makes no since to debage your truck. I’m proud to own a Dodge, and a Jeep for that matter. Both have Mopar written all over them, and I wouldn’t want to take that away from them.

Are people so ashamed to drove X truck they fell the need to take off any thing with that makers name on it? Rear lovers of their trucks want every one to know what it is, and display the trucks make every way they can.

I don’t know, maybe I’m crazy, but debadgeing just doesn’t make any since. Some one care to explain? And don’t tell me it looks cleaner b/c it doesn’t.
It's all a matter of personal preference; the fact that you look at debadged trucks and say, "why", is the same thought that goes through the minds of guys, with debadged trucks, looking at trucks with all of the factory free advertising on them. Simply by stating, "...rear(I assume that you mean real) lovers of their trucks want...to display the trucks make every way that they can...", is like saying that people who don't mod their vehicles aren't real automotive enthusiasts; it simply is not the case. Debadging has nothing to do with being ashamed of your vehicle, and it has everything to do with your own personal style. Try debadging; it feels good... :D

·
Registered
280 Posts
I debadge mine because I'm a lazy azz. Try to wax around those badges without leaving any kind of residue. I just saved 20 minutes waxing my truck because I didnt have to wax around advertising. Plus, it does look cleaner in my opinion.

·
Registered
4,315 Posts

·
PROJECT SRT-345
1,480 Posts
I don’t know, maybe I’m crazy
Hit the nail on the head!

Are people so ashamed to drove X truck they fell the need to take off any thing with that makers name on it?
I don't think there is one person on here ashamed of driving their dodge, whether it be a Ram or a Neon (okay, maybe a Neon, but.... lol jk)

It's like asking the question why lower? Why Raise? Why put exhaust on it? Why tint the windows? Why put a sound system in it? Why put wheels on it?

It's just what we do, just one more way to be unique from your everday Ram...

Jason

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
DodgeThis_AZ said:
T
I’m proud to own a Dodge, and a Jeep for that matter. Both have Mopar written all over them, and I wouldn’t want to take that away from them.

Cause my truck belongs to ME

I paid for it so it ain't Dodges no more it is mine

I took the dealers sticker off for the same reason

Only name on my truck is my initials under the door windows

·
Northernmost Chevy Killer
385 Posts
uncbob said:
Cause my truck belongs to ME

I paid for it so it ain't Dodges no more it is mine

I took the dealers sticker off for the same reason

Only name on my truck is my initials under the door windows

You said it bob. Their putting more and more dealership crap on the rigs these days. I had the sticker, licence plate frame and metal plates on the rear flaps that had a mondo logo.The first thing I did when I got the truck home was remove that crap.Debadged later on. I paid for it and they aren't getting free advertising from this guy. If they want to pay part of my payment then we can talk. I'll start selling panels of the truck for advertising like in auto racing. :IDEA: :rck:

·
United States Navy
230 Posts
I'm still wrestling with taking it off, but I do love the chrome/atlantic blue together. So many decisions to make.

·
Acoustics
1,338 Posts
i see alot of people put the same few reasons as myself...

1. Waxing around them,and cleaning around them when you do get it on them
2. Im personally not a fan of chrome
3. Just gives it that much of a nicer, cleaner look
4. Just a way to personalize my own vehicle

I am ashamed of my truck for one reason tho, i have 3.7L V6 and i kno of GM's with lifts, V8's, and big tires that get better gas mileage than i do but oh well, i still like my dodge better becuz of the cabin room in my std. cab compared to GM and FORDs so i went dodge for LOOKS and COMFORT

·
Registered
733 Posts
All I know is you all are punks for submitting yourselves to answering questions like that...I do to my truck what I want to do, because it is "MY TRUCK". Im the one who has to drive it, look at it, clean it etc. etc. etc.
KB112 said:
Some guys like their ladies shaved up nice and clean. Others don't and want it natural. All a matter of taste man. I like a little landing strip...hence the reason just the Hemi badge stayed put on my lady. :D

KB
I agree with this though, I like that smooth look, and the fact that I put sweat, muscle, and a couple of blisters to do something to my truck is my gratification.

·
Registered
9,232 Posts
i love my badges. i will always keep my badges. im proud to show with those big chrome covered plastic letters what kind of truck i have. infact...i thought about removing mine and having the water jet at the school i worked out cut out a new set of stainless steel badges. i love the badges and i love the badges on the 07. i dont like debadging at all.

·
Registered
905 Posts
I debadged mine because the pieces of chrome detract from the lines of the truck. As my eye passes from the front of the truck to the rear, its not pulled to a certain spot by the badges or those gaud awful chrome/billet gas lids. Anyone who is into customizing or loves automobiles, knows the difference between a Chevy, Ford, Dodge, Toyota, Honda..etc. If someone can't tell one from the other, other than by looking at the badges, then maybe they should be demoted to a Daewoo. As far as why lowering a truck, it handles sooo much better and I love showering tailgaters with sparks from my frame when they get too close. Stock is boring for me. I like to stand out.

·
Acoustics
1,338 Posts
04_on_22s said:
I debadged mine because the pieces of chrome detract from the lines of the truck. As my eye passes from the front of the truck to the rear, its not pulled to a certain spot by the badges or those gaud awful chrome/billet gas lids. As far as why lowering a truck, it handles sooo much better and I love showering tailgaters with sparks from my frame when they get too close. Stock is boring for me. I like to stand out.
Agree'd and when i get my air/ride i want the titanium grind plates in the back to do the same but i still gotta finish my drop with spindles in the front and put the stock shackles in the back, back in! Then i gotta get air-ride so it'll be awhile, lol

·
Registered
360 Posts
KB112 said:

KB
:rck: :rck: :rck: :rck: :rck: :rck: :rck: LOL!!!!

·
Registered
609 Posts
i took mine off after i had my bad a$$ paint job done it covered up what i just paid for . i still got the one on the hood because i like that one and it dosint cover any think up. i think every one still has the hood one for allmost the same reson .

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.