DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
PROJECT SRT-345
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was recently thinking of debadging my ride. I read the debadging thread, and am going to use a eraser wheel I guess. I'm just kinda skeered, cause I don't wanna screw up my paint. If you have a debadged red truck, please post pics... and reassure me I won't screw my paint!

Jason

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
Sport98 said:
I was recently thinking of debadging my ride. I read the debadging thread, and am going to use a eraser wheel I guess. I'm just kinda skeered, cause I don't wanna screw up my paint. If you have a debadged red truck, please post pics... and reassure me I won't screw my paint!

Jason

i did not use the eraser wheel( i did mine on a whim) but here is the finished product

http://www.dodgetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121875

·
Registered
106 Posts
I don't have any pics handy, but I have a red truck no problems at all using the eraser wheel.

·
PROJECT SRT-345
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lol, yeah yeah slammed, I just wanted better pics of other peoples trucks haha. Don't think I would take the HEMI badge off either.

JAson

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
when i first got my truck i said noooooooo way to the debadge and the jury is still out on if i really like it or not

i really like the clean look but my truck is a 3500 and now nobody will know that unless i tell them( they will all thinks is a 2500) but really what difference does it make

if your going to do then do it all the way none of this half ass shit lol

·
Registered
10,359 Posts
Did you ever decide if you were going to get shackles???? I am sorry I couldnt just find a pic to post for you but basically all you do is imagine the truck level if you still need to know how it would look.

I say take the Hemi badge off too,whats under the hood is what matters not that cheesy emblem that they could have designed a little better.

·
PROJECT SRT-345
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I can't decide if i wanna lower it or not man... I like having a big truck, but I know it would look soooo awesome with like a 2/3, 2/4 on it. I think if I were going to lower it at all, it would be more than just shackles... Here's what I like, tell me what you think.

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
Heres some for ya. All the same truck, just in various forms of dress. :D

KB

Attachments

·
PROJECT SRT-345
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
KB112 said:
Heres some for ya. All the same truck, just in various forms of dress. :D

KB

DAMN YOU! I friggin love that damn truck. haha. Your's is what my photoshop above was based on.... Just wait til I graduate this December and start work full time lol... I'll keep u updated...

BTW: I like the pics of your truck debadged... Guess I have a project!

Jason

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
Cool Bro, thanks for the props. You already got the best color to start with! The rest should be a breeze. :D Keep us updated though, I'm sure its gonna be looking better with every check. :rck:

KB

·
Registered
356 Posts

Here's my Red truck with a 2/5 drop and no badges. I replaced the stock Hemi badges with new Charger Hemi badges up by the windows. You can kind of see them there.

BTW- the ugly yellow stripes on the rims are now gone. Just solid black and ugly now. ;)

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
Man, you should have made it a Red Stripe. Hooray Beer! But seriously, a red stripe would have been a nice blend on that.

KB

·
Registered
890 Posts
Take the badges off. You won't regret it!

·
Rollin On 4:56's
1,835 Posts

Attachments

·
Ray
68 Posts
I debadged mine. I also have the sport package (color matched bumpers, etc.). I did not like the idea of removing the chrome from the bumpers and then adding back in the chromed stripe grill inserts so I swapped mine out with a friend for the plain black honeycomb and debadged the whole thing (except for the Ram head on the hood).

What I'd like to do to that is paint the black background the body color and paint the chrome areas black.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.