DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i took my emblems off but now i cannot get the glue off and i have tried every kind of sap and tar remover there is, now i know there is some kind of wheel thing i can get that i have seen but i would have to wait for it to come in and i want to get this off as soon as possible is there an kind of stuff that softens this stubborn stuff up so i can take it off?? its the rubbery glue that sits behind the emblem when u take it off trust me i have tried everything including wd40 and nothing seems to work???

·
OFFICIAL CHEBBY HATER
1,389 Posts
supposedly if you let the stuff sit it will take it off, but i dont have the patience for that so i bought an eraser wheel.

·
Coolest Ram Club in FL
4,295 Posts
i just used tar and sap remover with a hair dryer to heat it up and roll it off!

·
Registered
365 Posts
3M adhesive remover. Expensive but works great.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I used my thumb to roll it off.......cost 1 blister.

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
If you dont have the gear for the wheel... I recommend either the 3M or Goo Gone as has already been mentioned.

The Key is to get it warm. Use a hair dryer and WARM up (NOT heat up) the sticky glue. With this cool weather it will help immensely. Next spray on the Adhesive remover and let it sit for a while.... shoot it again.... work it in with your thumb being careful that any sand or grit isnt getting "Worked into your paint" during the process. Wipe with a clean towel... it may not get it all ot once, and you may have to repeat these steps a couple times.

Just be VERY careful that when wiping the glue, you arent gouging grit and grime into the paint scratching it. "Wipe Away from the paint" if you know what I mean.

Good Luck Bro!

·
Lets go DEVILS!!!
2,129 Posts
go to a local body shop and see if they will sell you the wheel. You won't have to wait that way and it really is the best way to remove the glue. I got mine that way and made a great new contact.

·
Tank Mech
3,687 Posts
I've used the 3M Adhesive Remover, Goo-Gone, AND WD-40. They all work to varying degrees. In warmer climes like Texas you don't need to warm the stuff up, it just makes it a sticky mess that spreads around. But now that it's cooler, it may need a little warming to get it pliable and workable. Let the stuff sit and soften the glue up.

The biggest thing is patience. Rush it, and you'll either make the job bigger or do damage to your paint.

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
I prefer Goof Off aerosol spray. Worked like a champ for me. :tup:

KB

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
kruser79 said:
I've used the 3M Adhesive Remover, Goo-Gone, AND WD-40. They all work to varying degrees. In warmer climes like Texas you don't need to warm the stuff up, it just makes it a sticky mess that spreads around. But now that it's cooler, it may need a little warming to get it pliable and workable. Let the stuff sit and soften the glue up.

The biggest thing is patience. Rush it, and you'll either make the job bigger or do damage to your paint.

Yea Dane, Thanks for clearing that up... Thats exactly the two points I was making... Not HOT, but warmer than the current "Cold weather" to make it "Workable"....

The Eraser wheel works well too... But Im glad I didnt use it on mine because I live on a dirt road and when I removed my badges and inspected the sticky glue, I noticed ALLOT of gritty debri that would have scratched the PISS out of my paint had I eraser wheeled it.

If your ride is fairly new, then you should be ok!

·
If only I had more $$$
3,700 Posts
Ether works too, also called starting fluid. We use it at work to remove old decals from machinery that has been traded in.

·
LSU
1,286 Posts
i used goo-gone my was hard to get off too, i just kept rubbing and rubbing, hurt but worth it in the end---that didnt sound right but you know what i mean lmao

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.