DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to ask for a Photochop if someone is willing. This is my truck the way it looks right now. I'm curious how it would look debadged.

Thanks in advance!

--David:cool:

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
I think I can handle some debadging, all others will be left to the master: S.Weigel

Attachments

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
And your profile pic debadged too.....I'm really bored.

Attachments

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
TTURedRaider09 said:
And your profile pic debadged too.....I'm really bored.
:thatfunny
Thanks Ryan, I appreciate your help! I am gonna make my mind up on this today. I gotta say, it looks nice without the badges. I've had the truck three years and I initially really liked the chrome badges, coming from 2nd gen Rams which had those awful plastic looking ones that I would always remove. I've left these on and now that the truck is getting older and their are bagillions of other Rams out there on the road, I'm looking for ways to make it a little bit different than everyone else's. :)

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
slammed1 said:
Do it David.......Just do it!!!!
Agreed. Another DO IT from a fellow Graphite!

·
Banned
3,902 Posts

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
Sure looks clean in those after shots.

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
TTURedRaider09 said:
Here...I'll even help you start....

http://www.dodgetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53198&page=1&pp=40

After my hours of hard, grueling labor, I expect to see some pics posted later today. :D
Well if the rain doesnt stop out here enough for me to at least go to the store and get some Goo Gone, it will probably be tomorrow! I'm pretty sure at this point I'm gonna go ahead and do it. I was the only 3G Ram at the last Houston meet with badges. :crazy: lol

·
Banned
3,902 Posts

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well the debadging has officially begun as of this evening...... the SLT badges came off easily, but it's going to take a lot of wax to hide where they used to be. :(

Depending on the final outcome tonight of these two test subjects, I may go ahead and start the tailgate next. if I can't get rid of the "ghosting" (which almost looks like a line where the paint melted around the badges), this is as far as I'm going.

·
New Vision
1,199 Posts
Nice job TTURedRaider09.

Would you mind doing mine (see my gallery)?

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well like I was telling Keven earlier tonight, it looks like there is an outline of where the badges once were, as if it's something you could rub off the surface of the paint. But when you run your finger over it, the surface is as smooth as glass. The paint is quite a bit darker under the badges too. I guess that shouldnt surprise me. Right now I'm kinda sorry I started this. But tomorrow as my last resort, I'm getting a clay bar and some rubbing compound, and anything else I can think of to try, to get the ghosting out of the paint and also to blend the darker paint in. I'll let you guys know the results. If they're good, I'll debadge the rest of the truck this Saturday. :D

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
HarvDog said:
Nice job TTURedRaider09.

Would you mind doing mine (see my gallery)?
I'll hit them up tomorrow. Still a little sore from the accident. GOOD NEWS: The truck isn't totaled, just down for the count right now!!! I'll have her back soon!!!

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Alright, the debadging is under way........ I discovered some major paint problems on my tailgate and it will eventually need to be repainted... for now it's not looking too bad.

The card reader on my printer decided to quit working, so I had to take these quick shots with my phone. I still have the two doors left to do so I guess I am about half-way done!

Turtle Wax Rubbing Compound is the product out of everything I bought, that is doing the most to get rid of the ghosting and hide the darker paint where the badges used to be.

On the last pic, you can see I took a break from debadging to put a custom touch on the lock cover on my Astro-Cap tonneau cover. The "Astro" badge had fallen off and it just looked like something should be there. :D

Attachments

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
Lookin' GOOD!! I like the Red Ram Logo....where did you get it?

Post pics of the doors when done!!!

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
TTURedRaider09 said:
Lookin' GOOD!! I like the Red Ram Logo....where did you get it?

Post pics of the doors when done!!!
The red Ram logo is from an extra DT decal I had that was ripped on one side and couldn't be used. I've been waiting for a place to put it and this was the perfect spot.

I'm headed back into the garage now to keep working on it. Had to take a quick lunch/cold beer break. :D

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Alright...... it's done, folks. The doors were the easiest part of all for some reason. Time consuming, but easy. I'm really amazed at how well they turned out given the problems I had with the tailgate.

Here's one pic, again from my phone... I'm going to wash the whole truck shortly and tomorrow I'll have more pics even if it means I need to go buy a new card reader.

Attachments

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
Looks pretty good David... I love a nice clean shaved... :)

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.