DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well let me start of by saying my truck is on 07 mega with 44,000 on the ticker. So anyways the truck had the wobble a few times when I first got it only when I hit a really bad pothole of bump in the road, well as of late it has been doing it quite a bit more regularly. I take it to the local stealership who tells me it is going to over a grand to fix, f that I dont have that kind of money to throw at the truck right now. So I bought a new steering stab and a steering box brace hoping to shore things up in the mean time and f me if it didnt get worse. I am know avoiding freeways at all cost and praying that when I drive it that I dont kill myself or someone else. My question and then my rant is over. The truck still has the original bfg tires that need to be replaced as well, does anyone think it wise to replace the tires first then save for the steering upgrade or should I do it the other way around? End rant sorry for the length.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I had a 2007 megacab 1500 4x4 and had the same exact same problem. The dealer told me the didn't know what was wrong though. I finally checked the load range on the tires that they put on them. It was a load range of b, our trucks are heavy and require a d or e. I got some 285/70 17 and haven't had a problem since. I don't know that this is your problem but its a thought. I was told that sometimes the steel belts can shift in lighter tires due to hitting something. I don't know that to be true, but its food for thought.

·
The Silver Bullet
597 Posts
Might have a wheel bearing out.. lift up the truck and see if you can move the tire towards you or the engine... stabilizer bushings might be out, upper a arm bushings could be out.. its a number of things regardless of what it is.. none of them are hard to change if you are mechanically inclined.

·
Admin - David Mack
30,924 Posts
Wasn't there a factory recall on the HD's for the DW?

:dunno:

·
Nut up or Shut up
1,412 Posts
I have been down this road, check your ball joints, wheel bearings, track bar bushing, and if you do tires make sure you do an e-load range. Some people have had good luck with d load range tires on our trucks, I am not one of them. The E-load 305-70-17 Nitto Terra Grapplers I have are by far the best tires I have had on this truck. I will only run e load range now. But I would start with checking the basics too. Mine is on its second rt wheel bearing, and also has a new ball joint and new steering upgrade, all under warranty thankfully. Good luck!

·
Admin - David Mack
30,924 Posts

·
Silverhemidan
3,277 Posts
I had a 2007 megacab 1500 4x4 and had the same exact same problem. The dealer told me the didn't know what was wrong though. I finally checked the load range on the tires that they put on them. It was a load range of b, our trucks are heavy and require a d or e. I got some 285/70 17 and haven't had a problem since. I don't know that this is your problem but its a thought. I was told that sometimes the steel belts can shift in lighter tires due to hitting something. I don't know that to be true, but its food for thought.

I agree with this...
BFG's = sidewalls to soft for our heavy ass trucks
I personally would start with tires,you are at about the same(44,000) miles I was at when I had the same problem(DW) with BFG's
speaking from my experience,only...

·
Registered
201 Posts
i have had three trucks and let me tell you. its all the same LOL. the stiff springs or something. i stopped caring because a truck is a truck. i think the best ride i ever owned was a 2003 ford explorer sporttrac. drove like a caddy! but even that on a rainy day had me doing 360's on the road. almost pooped my pants.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.