Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

If a truck on the lot doesn't have a option you really want will a dealer be open to get it for you? Say you wanted the bedliner or a different set of wheels etc. Assuming they will do it what should the cost be over the original cost of the option. If anybody has done this please let me know I don't want to ask for something that they won't or can't do etc.

Thanks

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
Tomcat14 said:
Hi

If a truck on the lot doesn't have a option you really want will a dealer be open to get it for you? Say you wanted the bedliner or a different set of wheels etc. Assuming they will do it what should the cost be over the original cost of the option. If anybody has done this please let me know I don't want to ask for something that they won't or can't do etc.

Thanks
Most dealers will either be able to install the item you're looking for, or if it's orignal equipment you're talking about than cannot be installed, they can easily locate a vehicle nearby at another dealer and have it transferred in.

Chrysler has a database which all dealers have access to, which allows you to search every single Dodge dealership in the US or Canada to find a vehicle. Now this is done within reason, because if the vehicle is in the next state, most dealers will not be interested in trucking it in, or at least not without a hefty transportation charge to the customer.

But back to my first point... a bedliner is an item they can install... and wheels can be swapped from another vehicle. So in either of those cases, the dealer ought to be able to handle it in-house without any problem, or any significant extra charges (except of course the price of whatever equipment they're installing for you).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks FreeLantz

Yes they have the wheels(aluminum) I want on another truck at the dealer.
So it would be an easy swap...just curious how do they replace the one's I took from the other vehicle(aluminum)? I assume they just order another set for the other truck.
I wonder what happens to the original set that I would have removed(steel).
I know it must be a pain for them to swap but if you say they will do it i'll fight for the aluminums I really want.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.