DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Boy do I have story for all of Dodge Talk.

I was looking to purchase a 2006 Dodge Ram 2500 Megacab Laramie and looked long and far for a fair deal, finally finding a dealer in Kokomo, Indiana. Name of the dealer is Button Dodge. Talked with my Sales Rep, Sue, and over the course of two weeks, we set the deal up. We get to financing and it all falls apart. They were running 0% for 60 months, with no payments until May 2007. I guess the fine print supposedly said that they "Shrink" the loan term to 55 months, thus changing your payments. My local PA dealer says it was bullshit, since i was shopping local to see if they could match the deal. Anyway, the local dealer finance guy insisted I was right, thus I challenged Button Dodge's Finance guy, Bill, on the terms. He told me I was dead wrong and he didn't care what they were doing in PA. We exchange nasties, which was totally wrong on my end. Since I already have my plane tickets, I use Chrysler and others to shred some light. After nothing, I call Bill back for him to set financing up with just a regular 0% 60 Months term. We go ahead and do the paperwork over the phone and then says he won't sell me the truck. I'm like WTF. I get forwarded to his Sales Manager, Mark, who proceeds to tell me that he wants to take care of his customers and that I was an "*******" to his staff and he didn't want to do business. Blah Blah Blah. I had plane tickets and everything. They didn't care.

I decided to call another dealer that was down the road from Button - Bob Scwartz Dodge, and I am happy to say that I am the owner of a 2006 Dodge Ram from Bob. In the literature I read about the company, they are a Five-Star Elite dealer and boy did they take care of me. Everything I had questions about they answered, went and got this truck out of their normal dealer trade range. My sales assoicate, Telmon, was stellar. The Sales manager, Kevin, came out and talked to me about everything and about my situation. He even directed me on how to handle my complaints to Chrysler. Their finance guy, Bill, didn't play cat and mouse, I was approved, we talked turkey, we made the deal. From soup to nuts, it was 2 hours in and out buying the truck.

Please, if the members of this forum are close to Kokomo or deal with Button, be warned, because just because their sales rep promised something she didn't know about, doesn't mean I have to suffer.

(Sorry for the Rant)

<talk among yourselves>
 

·
They call me Radio
Joined
·
4,807 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. I live on the very far north side of Indianapolis (just under a half hour from Kokomo) and I have been struggling to find a good 5 star up here. To throw onto that list, Palmer Dodge and Palmer Dodge West in Indianapolis are a joke. I've had many issues with them over the past year with their service department. To anyone else in the Indiana/Ohio area, I HIGHLY recommend Richmond Dodge in Richmond, IN. It's over an hours drive to get there but the 2 times I have been out there, they have done everything right, the first time and at very good prices.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25,345 Posts
SlyGuyRy said:
Boy do I have story for all of Dodge Talk.

I was looking to purchase a 2006 Dodge Ram 2500 Megacab Laramie and looked long and far for a fair deal, finally finding a dealer in Kokomo, Indiana. Name of the dealer is Button Dodge. Talked with my Sales Rep, Sue, and over the course of two weeks, we set the deal up. We get to financing and it all falls apart. They were running 0% for 60 months, with no payments until May 2007. I guess the fine print supposedly said that they "Shrink" the loan term to 55 months, thus changing your payments. My local PA dealer says it was bullshit, since i was shopping local to see if they could match the deal. Anyway, the local dealer finance guy insisted I was right, thus I challenged Button Dodge's Finance guy, Bill, on the terms. He told me I was dead wrong and he didn't care what they were doing in PA. We exchange nasties, which was totally wrong on my end. Since I already have my plane tickets, I use Chrysler and others to shred some light. After nothing, I call Bill back for him to set financing up with just a regular 0% 60 Months term. We go ahead and do the paperwork over the phone and then says he won't sell me the truck. I'm like WTF. I get forwarded to his Sales Manager, Mark, who proceeds to tell me that he wants to take care of his customers and that I was an "*******" to his staff and he didn't want to do business. Blah Blah Blah. I had plane tickets and everything. They didn't care.

I decided to call another dealer that was down the road from Button - Bob Scwartz Dodge, and I am happy to say that I am the owner of a 2006 Dodge Ram from Bob. In the literature I read about the company, they are a Five-Star Elite dealer and boy did they take care of me. Everything I had questions about they answered, went and got this truck out of their normal dealer trade range. My sales assoicate, Telmon, was stellar. The Sales manager, Kevin, came out and talked to me about everything and about my situation. He even directed me on how to handle my complaints to Chrysler. Their finance guy, Bill, didn't play cat and mouse, I was approved, we talked turkey, we made the deal. From soup to nuts, it was 2 hours in and out buying the truck.

Please, if the members of this forum are close to Kokomo or deal with Button, be warned, because just because their sales rep promised something she didn't know about, doesn't mean I have to suffer.

(Sorry for the Rant)

<talk among yourselves>
COngrats on the new truck!! What part of PA you from? We have a gtg show in Hamurg at Cabelas on Oct 28
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
35,849 Posts
I hope you drove over to Button Dodge and said "Hi" to them with the new truck.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,619 Posts
dale3fan3 said:
COngrats on the new truck!! What part of PA you from? We have a gtg show in Hamurg at Cabelas on Oct 28
lol...you arnt giving up are you craig.... :D
 

·
Too much violence
Joined
·
3,892 Posts
Congrats, and good show man: you never gave up :rck:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Dealers around me are bad, had alot of trouble with them wanting top dollar for a truck of which they had a huge inventory... There was a reason they were selling even with the incentives.

Air tickets cost me 300 bux and they gave me a full tank of gas, which I made it from indianapolis to Pittsburgh with 1/4 left.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
607 Posts
Why is it so hard to get a killer deal at times like this? They should be falling over themselves trying to sell you...any vehicle they can.

PS the other site don't seem too impressed about the unedited story for "Dodge Talk"
 

·
Too much violence
Joined
·
3,892 Posts
QCRam said:
Why is it so hard to get a killer deal at times like this? They should be falling over themselves trying to sell you...any vehicle they can.

PS the other site don't seem too impressed about the unedited story for "Dodge Talk"
Cuts in production means less trucks around, and they do move those trucks around from one area of the country to another based on regional / local sales: which could affect those individuals in a low demand truck market / area; who find themselves looking to buy a truck in this particular climate.


Just my 02.cents
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top