DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Mine is very slow to react to locking & sometimes refuses to lock at the door switch. Dealer said the instrument cluster would need to be replaced at my cost. I live with it.:5191beatdeadhorse:

·
Registered MOPAR User
9,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
ata, what year is yours, I have and 04-05 4wd cluster you can borrow to verify the dealers pulling your leg.

And to let everyone know, including the thief's(As my truck was entered a few times, luckily alarm works), my door locks all work again.

:):cheerl:

·
Registered
916 Posts
Good to hear man! And thanks for posting the updates, this will definitley help some one in the long run i'm betting!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Mines an 07 4WD. I'm usually good about replacing brakes & other minor mechanical issues,(plugs etc..) but I'm not sure I want to start tearing apart the dash to replace the instrument cluster tho. I really do appreciate the offer tho.

·
I RECOMMEND FUKKEN WAX
13,990 Posts
The instrument cluster is pretty easy to swap, but you'll need to get the mileage and vin programmed in it by the dealer.

·
Hemi 4x4/Challenger T/A
1,485 Posts
Curious-
What would fry all 4 door lock actuators and did they fix the root cause, so that it won't happen again?

·
I RECOMMEND FUKKEN WAX
13,990 Posts
Windows open in the rain?

·
Registered MOPAR User
9,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
My guess on why all 4 died is... the black w/ green trace wire located under door control cluster grounded out lock signal to bcm, the bcm takes that signal an sends it to lock actuators and it (BCM) responds with continuos command to unlock, it can only take it for so long b4 it burns something out... prevention in future is keep a broken door cluster bezel from grounding out on the wire loom under door cluster.. I havent checked to see if dealer ship replaced the exposed wire yet.

·
Hemi 4x4/Challenger T/A
1,485 Posts
My guess on why all 4 died is... the black w/ green trace wire located under door control cluster grounded out lock signal to bcm, the bcm takes that signal an sends it to lock actuators and it (BCM) responds with continuos command to unlock, it can only take it for so long b4 it burns something out... prevention in future is keep a broken door cluster bezel from grounding out on the wire loom under door cluster.. I havent checked to see if dealer ship replaced the exposed wire yet.
Aye. That's what I was driving at.;)

·
Dodge Tech
352 Posts
ata, what year is yours, I have and 04-05 4wd cluster you can borrow to verify the dealers pulling your leg.

And to let everyone know, including the thief's(As my truck was entered a few times, luckily alarm works), my door locks all work again.

:):cheerl:
Be careful when you just swap modules if the vehicles do not have the same build type meaning sentry key immobilizer and what not you can mess up both the vehicle's and the module that you put in vehicle configuration. when you swap in different modules it can cause other modules to relearn the vehicle configuration. if this happens then you will be having a fun time fixing it.

·
Registered MOPAR User
9,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Guess I was lucky, I did locate the spare 1 I have with all the bells and whistles my truck has.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Wow......yet another reason I HATE power locks and power windows.

·
Registered MOPAR User
9,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
It'sa pita with the new technology were everything uses a computer.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.