DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay guys, i bought a jeep middle to end of april. well....i traded my vehicle...2002 dodge ram quad cab 4x4 slt 360 in for it. anyhow....they gave me 18500 when i owed 18700. i just recieved a letter from diamler chrylser stating i owe $902.14 for missing mays payment and tacked junes onto it with late fees. i was going to call diamler chrylser financial and tell them whats goin on, then call hall and tell them how happy i am for them screwing me over on the pay off....not to mention i have been recieving letters in the mail from other credit unions thanking me for inquiring with them for an auto loan. must have checked 5-6 companies when i told them i want diamler chrysler....i didnt say anything when they came back with some local credit union. anyhow...before i blow up at the dealer....what should i do...should i expect any reciprocity, what am i alotted, how should i go about it to recieve the most benifits to me and screw them right back?

·
Registered
9,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
also...could this incident be diamler chrysler...i only ask this cause i did see someone else driving my truck the other night. i know it was mine caus eyou dont see many molten red with tannaus, dual exhaust, pinstriping and dents like mine. anyhow im pretty angry

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
I don't know what you could recoop, but I do know that they aren't supposed to pull a CBR any more times than you allow or send it to any other financial institutions if you tell them not to. And also, if you gave them the payoff and you were short $902.14, then you are responsible, but if they pulled the payoff from their computer, then I would say screw em, thats their fault and I would take it up with the dealership or DCX.

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
hmmm, I don't know.... but that sure sounds like something that would happen to me! :mad:

·
Registered
9,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no it was paid off by the dealer.......said so in the paper work. i owed 18,7xx and they gave me 18,500 for the truck....the other 200 was rolled over in the new vehicle. not to mention th emoney i put down

·
Registered
9,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
cliffnotes?

·
The Legendary Cross Ram
3,696 Posts
:greenchai the dealer. :D

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
oh ok, I'm sorry, well I would def. talk to someone at the dealership. Not the salesman, I would either go to the finance manager or someone at DC. Let us know what happens

·
Registered
9,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well diamler chrysler just got back to me....it appears the dealer paid it off yesterday...and the paper bill was sent to me a couple days ago as its snail mail. anyhow...that means the dealer totally missed mays payment. is this going to reflect bad on me. im only 22 and i don thave a lot of credit...i do have fair credit with a score of 650-670 i believe, but having little credit a missed payment would hurt me...do i go to the dealer with this?

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
I would definatly follow up with DC, just incase they gave you a bad mark but chances are they didn't.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
yes, I would, I'm only 21 and would be PISSED if that happened, as I am doing everything I can to build my credit up so I can get a high score, as I am sure you are doing the same. Get a copy of your credit pulled and check to see if it has anything derogatory on there. If there is something derogatory that shouldn't be you need to dispute it with the Credit agencies. If so, let me know, I work for an attorney and we have the addresses, and I can get them to you

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
oh, I also agree with yellowbee, with only them showing one payment behind, they more than likely won't report it, but I would still check into it.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I'm a loan officer so i deal with credit reports a lot. If you miss one payment depending on the company they will and can report it. It depends whether the company is a prick or not. Good thing is that the dealer can send a letter to the company and explain the situation. The company in turn sends a second letter to the credit bureaus (which ever one it reports to) to reverse the late fee. Also missing one payment on anything (especially mortgage, car loan) will make a significant impact on your credit report.

·
All Around Great Guy
12,674 Posts
byrdawg13 said:
okay guys, i bought a jeep middle to end of april. well....i traded my vehicle...2002 dodge ram quad cab 4x4 slt 360 in for it. anyhow....they gave me 18500 when i owed 18700. i just recieved a letter from diamler chrylser stating i owe $902.14 for missing mays payment and tacked junes onto it with late fees. i was going to call diamler chrylser financial and tell them whats goin on, then call hall and tell them how happy i am for them screwing me over on the pay off....not to mention i have been recieving letters in the mail from other credit unions thanking me for inquiring with them for an auto loan. must have checked 5-6 companies when i told them i want diamler chrysler....i didnt say anything when they came back with some local credit union. anyhow...before i blow up at the dealer....what should i do...should i expect any reciprocity, what am i alotted, how should i go about it to recieve the most benifits to me and screw them right back?

You should not owe anything. If you traded your vehicle in mid april and the payoff was 18,700 then when you bought your jeep they should have rolled over 200 onto the price of the jeep plus the tax, 200 x tax rate in your area. EX. Jeep is 20000, add in 216 dollars (8% tax) for a total of 20,216 plus financing. They should have paid chrylser financial off, so I would look into your bank to see what happened. Chrysler financial would only bag you if your bank did not give them the proper payoff.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.