DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I take my truck in for a rear humming noise that I feared to be the rear diff going bad... Tell the guy you can hear it during light acceleration at cruising speeds or basically any speed giving light accelleration.. told him it was extremely loud during 70 miles an hour at 1800 rpm... dealer calls and lets me know the speed limit is 55 and they cant do 70 and that since i have an aftermarket exhaust system it is too loud to do tests at low speeds and hear the noise.. claim they looked over the rear diff and everything looks in check.. so if the rear goes its their fault correct?

·
johnny c's HEMI
740 Posts
I'm thinkin your dealer thinks you just fell off the turnip truck.....
Document it and find another dealer!

·
Banned
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
actually believe it or not this was the "other dealer".. see i bought my truck from a dealership that is about 45 minutes away from where i live rather than the three around my house.. if it wasnt that they had the d i wanted i would have stayed local.. anyways... i brought the truck to two dealers that were not the ones i purchased at and both told me that they couldnt look at the truck and that they were swammped and it would take about 3-4 weeks to schedual it in for a rear diff check.. i said bs and the guy was like to be honest rear diff is alot of work and if it did go bad we would rather not get into it.. so they both reccommended i go to where i bought it and well third time around and they use the excuse of aftermarket products are preventing them from going over the vehicle.. but claims the tech checked it all over... now the big question is what to do if the noise is still there.. i mean i drive down the shore and to school and spend a decent amount of time at that cruising speed.. if the noise keeps coming what would be the logical thing to do.. take it back and pay to have stock exhaust put on for 2 days while they fix it or wut...

·
johnny c's HEMI
740 Posts
Like I said find a new dealer and press them and doc it.
Check you States Lemon Law if they keep jerking you...
Good luck!

·
Banned
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
went back to the dealer where I bought the truck and had it looked at for the rear humming.. this time i found a service rep that turned out to be a friend of the family.... took one ride in the truck and couldnt believe that the noise was not heard the first time... said that they must have seen the exhaust in the shop and said forget this... ordered me a brand new rear diff....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.