DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to the site, and new to the world of customization as this is my first non-junker....why is everyone debadging these things? Also, if I wanted to do it, how would I go about it? I assume it is a little more in-depth than just prying them off? Anyone have good pics of what it looks like?

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
I had mine debadged cuz chrome just don't go with it. However, if you've got the chrome bumpers and other stuff I think the badges look good. I've heard that fishing line and Goo-Gone works the best. Post some pics if you decide to do it.

·
Registered
187 Posts
personal preference really...I leave mine on because they dont bother me (yet anyway)
I have heard some heat them up a bit with a hair dryer then use goo gone to get the adhesive off.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I agree about matching the chrome....I have so much chrome, and that is the direction I am going, all chrome...so i think I'm gonna leave em.

·
--> UNITY <--
2,417 Posts
It just gives a much smoother/cleaner look. If you want info on how to do it and how it will look - just do a search on here - many, many have done it, including myself.

·
Registered
562 Posts
My truck is a black sport, and I'm not going to debadge, only because the highlights of chrome on a few body panels tie in with the wheels and grill. I find the truck looks a little blank without the badges, so BGRAM is right, personal preference.

Now, if I could ever afford to shave the handles, the badges would be gone - that changes everything!

·
Hemi Power
2,017 Posts
mattspenc said:
Also, if I wanted to do it, how would I go about it? I assume it is a little more in-depth than just prying them off?
Well, I debadged my tailgate the other day, using a screwdriver. Bad move. I just wanted them off, and rushed the job. Now, my gate is scratched. It still looks better without the badges on the rear. I don't know if i'm going to take the sides off or not. I want the ram's head off the front. But, it has to be shaved, and i'm not sure how to do that.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Black05Hemi said:
I want the ram's head off the front. But, it has to be shaved, and i'm not sure how to do that.
Replace the grill surround (that's not it's official name btw) - they make 'em without the Ram's head.

·
Registered
16,619 Posts
Black05Hemi said:
Well, I debadged my tailgate the other day, using a screwdriver. Bad move. I just wanted them off, and rushed the job. Now, my gate is scratched. It still looks better without the badges on the rear. I don't know if i'm going to take the sides off or not. I want the ram's head off the front. But, it has to be shaved, and i'm not sure how to do that.
its not that hard use the screw driver you used the other day. :thatfunny

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
mattspenc said:
I am new to the site, and new to the world of customization as this is my first non-junker....why is everyone debadging these things? Also, if I wanted to do it, how would I go about it? I assume it is a little more in-depth than just prying them off? Anyone have good pics of what it looks like?
No debadgeing here.......I like the badges lol

·
Registered
4,315 Posts

Here's a debadger

·
Registered
58 Posts
Debaded

Here is a pic of mine. All debadged except for ram head on front. I take mine off for a couple of reasons. When I wash and or wax it, I never seem to get the crap that builds up between the lettering out. Second, it gives a smooth look to your truck. Personally, I think that the chrome lettering is way to big. It looks tacky and takes up to much room. Let the paint show man!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
25,345 Posts
get a pinstripe eraser tool from here http://www.handsontools.com/store/show_product/?product_id=2289
all you need is the pad not the tool you can use it in your drill! it works great easy and you have fingers left at the end I did my truck in less then a 1/2 hour use 15 lb fishing line and saw off the letters then use the eraser wheel in your drill to remove the adhesive. clean off eraser marks with goof off or laquer thinner (what I used) then polish and your done!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
562 Posts
mattspenc said:
I am new to the site
What we forgot to say was . . . welcome! :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.