DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Daytona spoiler

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  quietpeen 
#1 ·
Can anyone give me removal directions for the spoiler? I know there's one bolt under the bed rail but what else is holding this thing on? The reason I am removing it is because I want to paint it gloss black.:help:

#2 ·
Remove both bolts and then you have to slide it. I dont remember if it goes forward or back. There are 2 screw type bolts that are tapered that the wing slides on.

#3 ·
what Jay said.....there are 2 bolts in the rear of the wing that come right out......I think you have to take the taillights off to get at them right, then the front of the wing is a key hole that that slides over the post. After you get the wing off you can take the 2 fronts posts off

#4 ·
Remove the 2 bolts from under the front side of wing, using palm of hand or rubber mallet tap wing towards back of truck. the wing should stop when free, there should be 2 cables (one on each side ) that go through truck bed and loop onto tailgate bolt for safety reason I guess , unhook and pull through bed. that's how it was on mine.....p.s. use needle nose to pull the cable loops back through when reinstalling, having someone to hold wing helps....

#5 ·
haha....its been too long since I took mine off....I couldn't remember if the the screws were in the front or the back so i guessed back. Plus I forgot about the cables.

#6 ·
Quietpeen, if you were closer to me I'd offer to buy your old spoiler. But shipping that thing here would be prohibitive...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.