DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought the Daytona rear spolier from geterdone04 & after a week of S!*T with DHL it finally arrived. Anyway, I offered it up to the back of the Ram, it was to sit on the hard tonneau cover as in other pics I have seen .......... but there was a problem !!! My undercoverinfo cover has more rounded sides which taper in more than standard fibreglass items so it overhang the sides. After much measuring it came down to not using it or getting out the saw :help: ............... so I cut it in half !!! Took 1 1/2" off each side, offered it up again & its perfect. Now all i have to do is to get it joined back together, filled & sprayed ........ job done. Taking loads of pics to put in the gallery soon if anyone is interested.

Martin

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
HOLY SHIT MAN you killer LOL
hey make sure you say that it wasnt my fault for it taking a week now it was dhl's fault lol
damn well sorry to hear it didnt work but glad to hear you got er done especially after all the bullshit we went through ill NEVER USE DHL AGAIN haha
def take pics of how it looks now:)
just looked at your pics did you think about painting it yellow haha to continue the line since the daytonas are black?

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I posted somewhere before on here but will do so again now:

The delay was 110% DHLs fault & geterdone04 bent over backwards to help get it sorted :rck: cheers pal.

I must say it did make me sweat a bit when I took the saw to the spoiler :help: I will try to get on it again before the weekend so hopefully it will all be joined together & prepped ready for paint for the weekend. Gotta do the front (sidelights) & rear (foglights, yellow indicators) conversion all in the existing housings for my pals Ram on Saturday so he can pass inspection here so may not get it painted till Sunday :-( Taking loads of pics & its quite an interesting mod actually.

Still waiting for pics of your wrecked front end !!

dale3fan3

Thanks for the compliment. Yeah the cameras plus the parking sensors front & back comes in handy trying to park this thing over here. LPG is the way to go here, better for the engine & the enviroment. Got my 5.9 Grand Cherokee running on LPG too :rck:

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
exdecuk said:
I posted somewhere before on here but will do so again now:

The delay was 110% DHLs fault & geterdone04 bent over backwards to help get it sorted :rck: cheers pal.

I must say it did make me sweat a bit when I took the saw to the spoiler :help: I will try to get on it again before the weekend so hopefully it will all be joined together & prepped ready for paint for the weekend. Gotta do the front (sidelights) & rear (foglights, yellow indicators) conversion all in the existing housings for my pals Ram on Saturday so he can pass inspection here so may not get it painted till Sunday :-( Taking loads of pics & its quite an interesting mod actually.

Still waiting for pics of your wrecked front end !!

dale3fan3

Thanks for the compliment. Yeah the cameras plus the parking sensors front & back comes in handy trying to park this thing over here. LPG is the way to go here, better for the engine & the enviroment. Got my 5.9 Grand Cherokee running on LPG too :rck:

hey man i emailed you all the pictures
you didnt get them?
send me your email again and ill email them again to you hell better yet ill post them on here HAHAHA

Attachments

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
never got em !!! wow thats bad !! running into deer a common happening over there ?

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
yeah its a common problem right now
they are matting and running and everyones hitting deer
they are laying all up and down the road
once my season starts for rifle they will be laying in the woods messing my damn new truck up HAHA

·
Registered
129 Posts
I wouldn't trust DHL to ship a penny. I used to haul DHL's freight and some of the bins the feight goes into doen't always stay upright.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The two parts of the spoiler are one again :rck: a tiny bit of filling left then ready for paint. I will put a few pics in my gallery over theweekend.

Any news on my other parts being shipped yet ?

Martin

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Cheers pal. By the way, one minute your selling the N2o then its staying, now it might be going again :mad: Do you have a plan in mind or like me, its just how you feel on the day :thatfunny

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
well its how i feel that day yeah haha
but its also i guess im kinda worried about spraying and the freaking cost of the bottle fill ($50.50) i really wanna have the power there all the time yeah, i wont be as fast but it'll be there all the time, i dont really have fast trucks here but wanted to keep up with the cars haha but id rather have the off the line power power:)
i really want lsd, torque converter and 4.56s:) and sometime ported heads or supercharger:)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.