DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at the dealership for my 1st. oil change and noticed something, I believe the new Ram Daytona's have power antenna's. Can anyone confirm this? I would love to put one on my truck.

·
Dodge User
1,213 Posts
i was at the dealer late last week and none of the trucks looked they had power atenna's. i hate power atennas something to break and they always break.

·
It's a JEEP thing!
3,233 Posts
I was just at the dealership today and they had an orange one and I was looking at the luggage rack. I mean the wing and trying to see how its installed.

I did notice that it has the srt-10 hood, but the hole is sealed.

I didn't notice the antenna though.

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
That's a cool feature, but I wonder why only the Daytona would have it. I mean, it's not like you can go driving through a parking garage with that big ol' wing on the back of it anyway!!!!

LOL

(and yes, I know the wing isnt THAT tall...before someone corrects me...) :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a Daytona and no the antenna is not power at least on mine. And no the wing is held on with 4 bolts. Oh by the way I'm new here and love the truck. Wing and all. It takes getting used to but Its grown on me and it certainly makes my truck stick out. Mike R. :gr_patrio

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You might be the first Daytona owner here? Welcome. The dealership I was at had three Daytonas and not one of them had an antenna, but they all had the same little black base as all rams. I wonder why they took the antennas off. One thing I do like is the fuel door it's a little beefy compared to others.Plus the wing isn't as high as it looks in the pics i've seen.

·
Registered
3 Posts
About the antenna. It could be they have them off so people do not steal them. I have seen it done here but not as rule. I also need to mention about my daytona is that the dealer had leather interior put in with Daytona embroidered in the seat. I helped me make my decision. I had an 03 chevy silverado HD with a 6.0 gas. So far I really like the truck. Any questions let me know. Mike R. :gr_patrio

·
Registered
302 Posts
Mike R... Welcome to the Forum, it's good to have you with us.

Zach

·
Registered
562 Posts
Welcome, and congrats on your new rig.

The wing threw me at first, but it definitely grows on you. Post some pics.

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
mikeymotorcycle said:
About the antenna. It could be they have them off so people do not steal them. I have seen it done here but not as rule. I also need to mention about my daytona is that the dealer had leather interior put in with Daytona embroidered in the seat. I helped me make my decision. I had an 03 chevy silverado HD with a 6.0 gas. So far I really like the truck. Any questions let me know. Mike R. :gr_patrio
Gosh, I feel dumb. I used to work at a dealership and I should have thought of that. When trucks come in from the factory on the haulers, the antenna will be in a plastic bag behind the seat. Most dealers leave them there until the unit is sold, or even keep them in a safe place inside with the manual, cigarette lighter, and other small items that can be stolen. That probably explains this.

·
Registered
35,849 Posts
Yes, until the vehicle is PDI'd (Pre-Delivery Inspection) The antena is in the back seat along with floor mats and other stuff that is on when it is done.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.