1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
The Legendary Cross Ram
3,696 Posts
Nice lookin' truck.

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
I disagree, put the wing back on or take the stripe off too, it looks kinda funny with just the decal. The Daytona and the wing grew on me and now I love it!
Very nice one you got there, also I think since you removed the wing, that truck would look real good without the stripe. Just hang on to the wing and you can always buy another decal to put it back to original.

BTW, I'm just curious as I was not a member of DT before I bought my truck;
did the RumbleBee have to grow on you guys, do you even like it now?
I didn't even know about them till I saw one at a dealership, but I knew I was gonna have to have one right away.

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
Take the stripe off
and go with a bumble bee with no image in some other color than flat black

·
Vertically-Challenged
12,020 Posts
Great looking truck! I think i like the truck with the wing on. Its an old school thing that represents the muscle car world. So i think that if i bought one i would keep it on. But to each thier own.

·
Registered
562 Posts
The wing :rck: Please reattach it. I normally don't go for wings or spoilers on a truck, but the Daytona is different. The whole theme is wing-based.

·
Registered
616 Posts
How about some interior pics? I'd love to see that bezel. I've been thinking about getting the fuel door cover from the Daytona it's a little different than the other ones dodge offers.

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
1500quad said:
I would put a bed cover on it and continue the stripe over that.
YES, having seen one done that way myself, I can say it looks awesome!

However, today I did see a Daytona regular cab up close for the first time, with the wing and all, and it really is a sharp truck. :)

·
Registered
180 Posts
yellowbee said:
...did the RumbleBee have to grow on you guys, do you even like it now?
Yeah, it had to grow on me. I didn't like it at first. :crazy:

Nice Dayona in the pics! They have grown on me too.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Leave the wing off.
It's non-functional and ricey.

Leave it off.

·
Registered
890 Posts
I say put the wing back on. That wing has everything to do with the Daytona.

If you didn't want the wing you should have bought the HEMI Sport and put an SRT-10 hood on it.

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
EZ4U2CHere said:
I say put the wing back on. That wing has everything to do with the Daytona.

If you didn't want the wing you should have bought the HEMI Sport and put an SRT-10 hood on it.
Sport doesn't have the ground effects dual pipes out the side or that GREAT GOMANGO color

Keep the wing off

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
uncbob said:
Sport doesn't have the ground effects dual pipes out the side or that GREAT GOMANGO color

Keep the wing off

my thoughts exactly....the main reason for me wanting the truck were the color, ground effects, and exhaust.....

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
I like the wing on... Beautiful truck!

·
Registered
193 Posts
SHARP looking truck! Although I am vehemently opposed to Daimler desecrating the famed Mopar muscle cars just to sell trucks, your truck's color is very reminiscent of an ultra-rare, one of a kind Dodge Daytona with a 426 Hemi, dual quads and 4.10 dana. So I'm thinking of it as you're truck is respectfully paying homage to that awesome muscle car.

With that said, I personally think the wing would look killer on your truck - afterall, the thing that made a Dodge Daytona a Daytona and not a Charger was the wing.

But if you like it better without, then that's killer too!

·
Tank Mech
3,687 Posts
Although I think it looks good without the wing (and would look even better with a hard lid on it with the stripe carried across), I'm a big fan of the old Daytonas. My uncle had one on Kauai in Hawaii (think he was the only one?:D), and I remember rubbing and shining on it just to get a ride, lol. If they were going to bring back the old flavor, DC shoulda made it a tall stand-out wing. Get a taller one:D.

On a side note...I was on a magazine website and finally saw that color written in a way I could understand it. I always thought it was Go Mango, but it makes waaaaay more sense as Go ManGo.

Ahhhhh, the days of Screaming Purple Passion, the Judge, and 100 Octane Ethyl....

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.