DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanna replace my stock Daytona tips with non-resonated ones. I want to keep the same style, just non-resonated. I think each tip is 3" (could someone clarify this?). Can anyone suggest tips?

And does anyone know how much of a restrictions the resonators in the tips are on sound? I want to open up my FM Super 44 as much as possible.

·
You've been Hijacked
14,746 Posts
they are defintily bigger than 3" I looked into doing the same thing and was having trouble finding a tip that would look similar

·
Registered
290 Posts

·
You've been Hijacked
14,746 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
I first switched the Borla muffler to a Flowmaster Super 40. That made a huge difference in sound. I then had them switch the tips. This made it slightly louder. I definetely have a drone but I do not know if the tips had anything to do with it.

I switched from a Flowmaster Super 40 to a Cherry Bomb Extreme a couple months ago and I know that made it louder and deeper. I really like the way it sounds now.

I will be installing Dynatech Supermaxx headers in a couple weeks and I am hoping that will make it sound even better.

I cannot remember what the tips cost. I had a exhaust shop put them on so I am sure I paid for thier markup as well.

If I had to do it over again I probably would not spend the money to replace the Borla Tips. I really did not think it made that big of a difference in sound.

JMO

·
You've been Hijacked
14,746 Posts
I first switched the Borla muffler to a Flowmaster Super 40. That made a huge difference in sound. I then had them switch the tips. This made it slightly louder. I definetely have a drone but I do not know if the tips had anything to do with it.

I switched from a Flowmaster Super 40 to a Cherry Bomb Extreme a couple months ago and I know that made it louder and deeper. I really like the way it sounds now.

I will be installing Dynatech Supermaxx headers in a couple weeks and I am hoping that will make it sound even better.

I cannot remember what the tips cost. I had a exhaust shop put them on so I am sure I paid for thier markup as well.

If I had to do it over again I probably would not spend the money to replace the Borla Tips. I really did not think it made that big of a difference in sound.

JMO
that is what I was wondering

·
Registered
23,004 Posts
Cant a shop just lop off the resonated part and weld some pipe there? Its not gonna be seen anyways right?

·
You've been Hijacked
14,746 Posts
Cant a shop just lop off the resonated part and weld some pipe there? Its not gonna be seen anyways right?
no because there is no resonator on the daytona's with the borla. Just 2 resonated tips.

·
Registered
23,004 Posts
Oh okay, I thought the resonator part was attached to the back half of the tips.

·
You've been Hijacked
14,746 Posts
Oh okay, I thought the resonator part was attached to the back half of the tips.
I wish :thatfunny

whats worse is that the pipes coming out of the muffer are 2-1/8" or 2-1/4", I can't remember which, but they are small

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.