DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, this might get kinda detailed. I have the RB4 Radio/GPS. There is a setting in the options menu under Display that has the options Day, Night, and Auto. When I manually set it to night, it dims the display on the unit. This helps a lot to lessen the distraction that the bright display has at night. The Auto setting is suppose to go to Day in the daytime and Night at night (duh).

The Auto setting did not work when I first got the truck. What followed was a 2 week fiasco getting a new unit to replace the original one (first replacement did not work at all). The end result is that I have a brand new unit where everything works except the original problem! I finally got down to the dealer and told them about it. I even asked if I should just give up. The service tech talks to another guy and comes up with a new answer. He says that since I don't have automatic headlights (turn on automatically at night), I don't have the sensor that the GPS needs to dim automatically.

Now, first of all, I didn't think the ram had the option of automatic headlights (I would have gotten them if I could). Second, why didn't they come up with this in the first place before replacing the unit 3 times? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
251 Posts
When you set it on auto does it dim when you turn the headlights on? I think thats what it is supposed to do. Otherwise how would it know when to dim?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Never dims automatically regardless of headlight setting. Only when I manually set it to Night. That's why I think it's broke.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Probably not broke if you have had the same problem with multiple ones. Probably has to do with the wiring harness. Maybe the dimmer wire is different?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.