DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody had problems with their dashboards cracking? My 96 Ram has cracked in quite a few places. I am looking at replacing it but have been unlucky in finding a replacement. Other option of course is a dashmat (at least cheaper route I'm sure).

·
Founder, Jus Cuz Designs
816 Posts
Yeah, unfortunately mine has a big crack running down the middle of it. Been thinking of fiberglassing it though. Not sure if or when thats gonna happen though.

·
Registered
275 Posts
The Coverlay company makes a cap for $129. Did one for a mid 80s Blazer and it worked out great. I am fixing to do one for mine.

·
Registered
26 Posts
You might check with a local upholstery shop, one that does custom interiors, they might be able to make a leather cover that would look great and last a long time. I had my 57 Cadillac dash done and it is beautiful but cost ...I am not sure as I had the whole interior replaced. Also, in Hemmings Motor News there are outfits that specialize in dash pad replacements.

·
Registered
413 Posts
racecar20 said:
Anybody had problems with their dashboards cracking? My 96 Ram has cracked in quite a few places. I am looking at replacing it but have been unlucky in finding a replacement. Other option of course is a dashmat (at least cheaper route I'm sure).
Saw one on ebay, item #8006206443

·
Registered
79 Posts
I was just messenaging with someone that suggested asking your local dealership to sell you only the top part. Runs about $149.00 approx/ other wise complete dashboard is about $850.00 approx.

·
Registered
275 Posts
The coverlay covers are ABS plastice and glue on. They are alot easier to put on than a factory dash top. If you can take a piece of the dash to a paint and body store they can mix some interior paint to match. Just a suggestion.

·
Registered
221 Posts
black wouldn't look bad, and one i saw on ebay was dk grey and they called it black. you ever put an coverlay on? look good all over? by the vents and all?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all of the suggestions, I definately have a direction to go in now. It is getting worse as the months go by. Kind of a bummer to happen on a 10 year old truck but oh well it is just one of those things. Thanks again.

·
Registered
14 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
They dont make the type in the link above for Dodges(at least they didn't a couple months ago), but the coverlay's are basically the same type deal. JRROSE76 yes I've put one on and it did look good all over. I am planning to buy one for my Indy in the next month or so and I will advise as to quality and try to take some pics.

·
Registered
2001 Dodge Ram 3500
287 Posts
My Dash Is Out. If I'm Not Going To Use It I'll Sell It. It's Charcoal OUT OF A 97 SST. Vinnie

·
Chicks dig bench seats.
1,901 Posts
Yeah i have the cracking problem. The dealer wants $310 for a new dash top. I'll pony up to it some day and do it. I have had no luck with salvage yards though.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.