DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
hot2k1ram
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've got the new style interior (99-01 i believe), and im trying to take the dash apart to get it ready for paint, the entire dash cover comes off with a couple of screws but i cant seem to get the panel over the passenger side airbag off, it's the only thing holding it on, and i dont see anyway to get it off, they got it on there so it's gotta come off

any info would help

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm no mechanic or knower of all, but I would think since it covers the air bag, it won't be coming off (unless you get in a wreck..doh)

my .02

Vic

·
What a ride...
1,215 Posts
Might sound stupid but this got me. Did you get the screws on each end? They pretty much sit under the door weather stripping.

·
Registered
227 Posts
There was a thread on here about that. The best i can remember you have to disconnect your battery. Then remove the glove box, the wiring harness with the yellow label (tag) is the one to the air bag. Wait about 10 minutes after disconnecting the battery then disconnect that wiring harness. Then you should be able to unbolt the air bag and remove. Then the dash cover should come off. To be on the safe side, you might want to search for that thread on here.
Hope this helps you.

·
hot2k1ram
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well i got all the bolts loose but still no use, ill take the glove box out when i get a chance and get under there with a light and see whats going on, if worse comes to worse, ill just have to tape and paper off the interior and paint that panel while it's in the truck, thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.