DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can not get the lights to my instrument gauge cluster to work. I have checked the fuse and its fine. I have also checked the position of the adjustable light knob and it's in the right position. The stereo lights do not work either. The lights for the clock in the stereo and the milage DO work however. Anyone know what's going on???

·
Registered
365 Posts
try another fuse

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
If you do a search there are a few posts about cluster problems you might want to check out regarding to certain lights working and some not.

·
LSU
1,286 Posts
on my air condition nob and a light on the tac is not wasnt on mine, so i took it to the dealership and it was a short so that might be your problem.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Steve Cantrell

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions. I will start with the fuse and if that's not it, I will probably have to take it in.

Anyone have any transmission issues? My truck is a 2002 quad cab with 103,000 miles and seems to becoming labored when I take off. Sounds like the transmission. Any thoughts?

I just got through removing the side moldings and all of the emblems, looks a lot better.

·
LSU
1,286 Posts
did the emblems leave any marks? i have an 03 but i dont wanna take off the ram 1500 off the door b/c i dont want the paint under the emblems to be darker. my tailgate is debagged but that is b/c some one hit me and i just told the bodyshop to leave them off.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It did not leave marks. I worked at a body shop for years. Here's what you do: use a flat, thin metal putty knife and come in behind the letters. Be careful not to scratch the paint. Put a little pressure and run the knife through the glue. Then you need to use a PLASTIC, flexible putty knife to remove the black glue- tape. You can you also use a rag and your thumb and slowly "roll" the tape/glue off. Then get some OOPS! glue remover and scrub the remaining glue off. This will take some work, but it will come off. Keep the glue wet with the OOPS remover but don't drench the truck in it. Once you get that off, take a little rubbing compound and a DAMP rag. Get some compound on the damp rag and rub the entire area with medium pressure in a circular motion. This will make the color uniform and remove the "stains" that have collected around the bottom of the letters from water and dirt. This will also slightly dull the paint because it's removing an extremely thin layer. Then simply take some good wax and shine it back up again.

I remove the emblems from all of my cars. They look so much better and cleaner.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.