DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The front edge of my '02 SLT+ dash is peeling up, thanks to the wonderful Alabama heat. I believe I can remove the pad and re-glue the material down. From what I see, there are 2 screws on the bezel and one on each end, under a plastic cover. Are there any more screws or anything I should be aware of? I plan on disconnecting the battery and cycling the key a couple of times to make the airbags inoperable. Any help is appreciated!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I tried the project today, but ran out of time. I had to remove the trim around the radio and speedo and found two more screws. I think there are some more around the passenger side but could not see anything. I did not want to force anything and wind up breaking a clip. Where else do I need to look to get this pad out? Thanks again.

·
The German
50 Posts

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
You need to pull up the front panel after you take off the a pillar trim.
Then remove the lower bolster uner the steering wheel . then the surround the guages and radio. then there are 2 screws under pad above the guages as well as the exposed ones. There are also 2 behind the passenger airbagjust pull back the top and unscrew. I have had the same issue 2x glued the first time. Black duct tape the second time neither held. The new pad is $300+ so its a $35 dash cover for me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.