DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone heard of a company called Phoenix Imagining. They do custom dash work. If you have, how is their work, good quality? Here is the link to thier sight if anyone knows about the process as well.
http://www.phoenix-image.com/

·
Hummer Recovery Vehicle
6,250 Posts
talk to rock and rick. rocks turned out really nice. looks like really good quality coming from that shop.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How can I get this thread to them, I would like to get the ball rolling on this, seeming as I would be driving without a dash for a bit. Like there experience with the company, turn around time, and maybe some pics if they have them.

·
2000 Durango R/T
1,065 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Those look sweet. And the price they quoted isn't bad either. Pretty much the same price for a do it your self overlay but with a much more custom look.

·
Keystoner
5,534 Posts
thanks guys. phoenix imaging is a lot nicer than any overlay. overlays don't take care of contours. Robyn and gang do a great job. Rick has done a considerable amount more than I did. here's a few of my pieces.

Attachments

·
Keystoner
5,534 Posts
if you go this route remember to be patient. It's takes a little while, but it's worth it.

Attachments

·
Hummer Recovery Vehicle
6,250 Posts
rock- have you had any problems with nicks yet? how durable is the finish. from what i understand it's basically a film that is bonded to the plastic.

i didnt know you had your rear pillars done also. looks nice. good to see your being tasteful about it and not doing something like the entire rear hatch. lol.

·
Keystoner
5,534 Posts
I've been working on it for around 6 months. It's easy to go over board

·
Keystoner
5,534 Posts
cbrenn71 said:
rock- have you had any problems with nicks yet? how durable is the finish. from what i understand it's basically a film that is bonded to the plastic.

i didnt know you had your rear pillars done also. looks nice. good to see your being tasteful about it and not doing something like the entire rear hatch. lol.
Holds up great. No problems what so ever. I woudln't abuse it too much. It's a film. you can go to http://www.phoenix-image.com and read about the process.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Have any of you replaced a sterring wheel. they have a sweet looking steering wheel mod, but you get the stripped down wheel, and replace all components with yours. Also, patience is one thing I have, but how long are we talking without a dash?

·
Keystoner
5,534 Posts
then there's rick. The wait time is about 3 weeks to a month. It depends on how big the piece is and how many. If you want your steering wheel done I suggest you pick up another one from ebay. That way you can still drive your D

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So how hard is it to replace the steering wheel? I have never done this before, and you hear all the stories about the air bags going off. They say at Phoniex that i can do it myself, what do yo guys think?

·
Keystoner
5,534 Posts
according to the manual it's pretty easy. Maybe you should get one before you try.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Maybe a stupid question, but checked out their site and saw nothing about prices. How much does this cost? I understand that it's probably based on size, but a ballpark idea would be cool. Also, what is the feeling on stuff in the engine bay? Would this process hold up on things like valve covers? I saw one on the site, but I'd like to see it on the car a month or two later.

·
Keystoner
5,534 Posts
Huffster said:
Maybe a stupid question, but checked out their site and saw nothing about prices. How much does this cost? I understand that it's probably based on size, but a ballpark idea would be cool. Also, what is the feeling on stuff in the engine bay? Would this process hold up on things like valve covers? I saw one on the site, but I'd like to see it on the car a month or two later.
it's by the size of the item. what pieces are you looking at getting? the dash and or console will run around $150. Door handles I believe were $50 a set same as switch panel. The rule of thumb for this process is if you can dip it in water you can get it done. I don't know If I'd do valve covers. Maybe you might check into powder coating them. rick did his intake

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.