DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where can i get some new dashlights for my 97' ext cab. I looked the other day and it looks like there is 2 kinds. Looks to be there is light bulbs and leds. I want to put in some red ones so instead of having that greenish blue lighting behind my gauges i want to have red. Anyone know where i can get a kit or bulbs and leds that are red and will fit there? thx

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'm not sure how changing the color of the bulbs will work, as the green/blue comes from the gauge overlay. Changing the bulb color might not result in the effect you want.

I just today changed my gauge faces. Mine are now blue/red instead of green/blue.

·
LivetoRide
2,733 Posts
gregu said:
I'm not sure how changing the color of the bulbs will work, as the green/blue comes from the gauge overlay. Changing the bulb color might not result in the effect you want.

I just today changed my gauge faces. Mine are now blue/red instead of green/blue.
can I ask what kit you used? an/or where you ordered it? My stereo is all blue lighting and I would love to change my gauges to red/blue...thanks

·
Registered
54 Posts
They are made by Nu Image.
There are quite a few people selling them on ebay. I got the whole set up (gauges, ac panal, head light switch cover) for 129.00 shipped.

Here is a pic of them during the day. I will try to take a nightime pic tonight.

Attachments

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok so the lights bulbs and the leds are white. They arent colored? thats cool, that way i can just buy a face plate with red instead of blue? my deck is red and i have a light on my floor that is red.

·
Registered
150 Posts
gregu, how was it installing the gauges did you have to remove the needles. cause ive looked at those kits but it didnt look like any of them came with needle removers

·
Registered
54 Posts
Yes you need to remove the needles. The one I bought didn't say that it came with a needle remover, but it did. (I would ask the seller before you bid on it if they include one.)

Installing the gauges was actually easier than I thought it would be. I was a little nervous about doing it, but it was simple.

·
Registered
764 Posts
I have the new image guage face myself. All their gaguage replacements come with the needle remover and it is very simple to do even for the mechanicaly inclined.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
it looks to be moer of an orange, IMO.

Im taking it no one has or knows if anyone carries an all red gauge face, well not all red just when its lighted up?

·
Registered
244 Posts
superbrightleds.com

SHOCKER_97' said:
Where can i get some new dashlights for my 97' ext cab. I looked the other day and it looks like there is 2 kinds. Looks to be there is light bulbs and leds. I want to put in some red ones so instead of having that greenish blue lighting behind my gauges i want to have red. Anyone know where i can get a kit or bulbs and leds that are red and will fit there? thx

Check out this site
http://www.superbrightleds.com/

·
Registered
11 Posts
im curious if anyone sells these for a 2001 diesel. Is Nu Image the only company people use that makes these, or are there others?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.