DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I get a lot of glare on the windshield from reflection off the dash. Anyone know of a dash mat for the 04-05 Durango??

Thanks!

·
Dante
142 Posts
I too have noticed this- I have just ordered a dash mat from
California Car Cover and hope it will help. I suggest a dark grey if you have
the grey interior, The darker the mat the less light it can reflect.
Good luck
Dante :cool:

·
Registered
256 Posts
Do not use an armor all or black magic. When I used leather conditioner/cleaner from meguires it leaves no glare on the windshield. Try this before spending money on that cover.

·
Investigator
992 Posts
ditto.. try different cleaning products. I cant speak to a leather conditioner as Polaris can, but I have used some cleaning products that keep a clean look without the glossy shine.

·
Registered
67 Posts
What cleaners are you using? I made the BIG mistake of cleaning dash with armour-all just before leaving on vacation.....made for miserable driving on sunny days...

·
Registered
329 Posts
Meguairs has a foam that is same as their liquid formula - either will clean nicely and leave the dash clean with a flat sheen rather than the high gloss of an Armor All or equivalent.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I've never cleaned the dash with anything but Windex, so the plastic still has its factory surface. I did some testing with various materials today in the midday sunshine and the only material that doesn’t produce significant reflective glare is a flat black.

The windshield is angled perfectly to project the dash’s reflective image back onto the inside of the windshield… it’s a mirror of the dash in the midday sun. Even if the dash is a flat gray it still reflects.

So the next project is to find a way to “paint” the dash flat black. I’m thinking I might try a chunk of black felt…

·
Dante
142 Posts
Dash Mat works,but....

:huh: Well the dash mat does work at taming the glare & Im
hoping it will settle down on the dash a bit more as time passes.
Right now it lools like a bad toupee

·
Dante
142 Posts
:D Toupees & sunglasses dont go well together!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.