Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Does anyone know where I can buy a dash bezel in a brushed silver (not sure if that is the exact name of the color). I don't want the whole kit, just the center piece that goes around the radio and temperature controls. I have an SXT and the dash is very very plain with the black bezel and black controls.

I also would prefer the actual piece to replace the current one, not the stick on piece that some kits come with.

Has anyone done this?

Thanks!

·
Registered
49 Posts
You can often find them on eBay; check a local junk yard (recycled parts supplier), or google for retail locations to find them - the part number has been posted on this site before so you could also order new from mopar.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Hey! I would swap my Limited silver one for a black one. I have the auto climate and the fancy 6 disc changer.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I contacted Mopar, they are looking for the VIN number of a vehicle that has the silver Bezel to look up the parts number.

Does anyone have either a vin # or a parts number for me? Feel free to send me an email if you don't want to post.

Thanks!

·
Registered
455 Posts
If your interior color is gray there is one in excellent condition listed on ebay. Item #11049804820. My color is khaki(tan) last 8 digits of vin are 5f545148 and trim code is JJJ3.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I have a new one for sale. I just received it and got the wrong color. It is light gray with the brushed metal. My interior is slate gray. Anybody interested?

·
pickle
216 Posts
send me a pic of it and let me know what you want for it,ive got the wood trimand want to change. thanx ck

·
Registered
10,465 Posts
Check with Slammed1 he had some brand new ones awhile back...Not sure if he still has any or not..

·
Registered
32 Posts
Dealer selling price is $65.00 plus tax. You need to take the old part with you to the dealer for color matching as the stock numbers are not always right.
Here is the part number for the '04-'06 Durango bezel with nav: 5HM541D5-AD (BEZEL INS 23023020).
This is the part number for '04-'06 Durango bezel for radio/cd without nav: 1DK371D5AA (HB10-89B).
Good luck

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So, I ordered one from ebay, and it has a spot for what looks like an ashtray?? My other bezel didn't have this. Can you order the ashtray part, or should I just order a new one?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hello there, Arlaboa!!!
I believe you got that bezel from me, didn't you.
That empty square spot is for either the Heated Seats switch or the blank cover that hides it. You'll need to take it off the old one - if you have it. Heated Seats are a damn good option if you have leather.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes, it was me!

Hi!

Yes, I am the one who bought it from you :)

Unfortunately, my old bezel is all one piece, there is no part that snaps off. I do not have the heated seats, so that may be why.

Oh well :) I should have looked at the picture on ebay closer, but I didn't realize that some of them are different.

No big deal, now I know!

·
Registered
455 Posts
To the best of my recollection the blank filer screws into the bezel from behind. Might be small Torx T-15. IF you need the blank piece that fills the hole the the part number is 5JQ24DX9AE and the part description is storage bin.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.