121 - 140 of 307 Posts

· Registered
1,948 Posts
SilsHemi said:
Brian,

Have a great wedding. Stop worrying about this for now. This is your
weekend. :) :) :)

Sil
Sil said it! Seriously bro, have an awesome time! I wish yall the best of many years to come! Congrats!! :D

· Registered
85 Posts
I'm in.. I've been wanting one for a while. Dealer wants too much for them.

· C HEMI GO
1,996 Posts
I do

· Smokin' Hemi
234 Posts
I'm in - gotta have it! Payment sent Slammed! My wife is going to kick my ass - I just did the Ignited Start Button yesterday - Nu Image Gauge face goinf in this week along with SRT A Pillar and Tranny Temp Gauge - Well If I'm Going down I might as well go down big! Lol - crazy womens.

· Registered
1,368 Posts
I'll try to answer some of the questions about the install guys. Let me know. Trying to take some of the heat off the newly departed, I mean married. LOL!!!!

· Banned
205 Posts
This is what I have been looking for. Payment sent today.
Thanks for the great products.

· C HEMI GO
1,996 Posts
beandip77 said:
I'll try to answer some of the questions about the install guys. Let me know. Trying to take some of the heat off the newly departed, I mean married. LOL!!!!
Just give us a quick step-by step on getting the old bezel off. And is it easier to take the whole cluster off first? Would taking the whole cluster off first let you take off the bezel without permanently damaging it? Why is the sky blue? Why does daddy cry?

· Registered
14 Posts
Money sent, thanks

· Registered
2,786 Posts
SK 7 said:
decided to go my own route on the bezzle. :rck: ;)
Damn that reallllllly looks good

· Registered
105 Posts
kicksave said:
Damn that reallllllly looks good
thank you....

i posted the how to in my thread in this forum. in case you wanna go my option.

· Banned
112 Posts
Sent My Payment And Thanks for looking out slammed ive been wanting one for a while but didnt like the one where you stick it to the back thanks alot

· Registered
10,350 Posts
Everyone who has sent money to my PayPal account .........your bezels have been shipped today via UPS ground........these will arrive in a bubble padded manilla envelope....please inspect them when you recieve them to make sure no damage has occured....I personally packed them and inspected before shipping them off.......they looked like they will ship well in the envelopes..........I have more for those who want some and I will also be making an instructional HOW-TO for those who are scared of the install........any kid who has ever built a LEGO set can do this!!!!!! any more orders need to send the money to paypal address [email protected] so I can keep track of the orders ......thanks Brian

· Registered
22,981 Posts
Your the Man Brian! Thanks a lot Brother! Now I just gotta decide if I wanna leave it silver....or paint it flame red? Hmmmmm

KB

· Registered
284 Posts
whenever you guys get the chance...i need instructions too cuz im helpless and dont kno wut im doing :banghead:

· C HEMI GO
1,996 Posts
I got mine today. Am in the same boat. It looks pretty, still not sure how to get it on the car.

· Registered
22,981 Posts
Okay, I dont have my bezel yet, but it seems pretty straightforward. Those of you who have removed your dash to install a new stereo and so forth should already know half the work.

1-Remove your dash center. There is a phillips screw underneath your "hook" on the dash
2-Grab hold of the hook and pull straight out, gently but firmly.
3-Just keep pulling the whole thing out as its held in place by a series of "tabs"
4-Disconnect the plugs for your AC controls/cig lighter/Passenger AirBag etc. Basically anything still connected to the dash center.
5-Take your dash center out and lay it somewhere flat on its face. Lay a towel down to avoid scuffs etc.
6-Behind the stock bezel you will see these little melted tabs. They are what holds the factory bezel onto the dash center.
7-From the qoutes I have already read on here you need to basically drill these out. You can use a dremel and grind away part of the mount, or use a small drill bit and go right through the hole itself. I wouldnt be too worried about it, because this new bezel is gonna cover up that region anyways.
8-Pull off the old factory bezel and do whatever the hell you want with it :D
9-Take your shiny brand spankin new bezel and test fit it for the mounting tabs. Make sure they fit properly through the holes so you can remount it. If it doesnt you may need to grind the hole a lil bigger perhaps, just dont make it too big that it has nothing to melt back on to. Or you will be stuck with the second method I am gonna mention.
10-Take an old spoon that your significant other wont miss too much. Use a lighter/crack torch or other means to heat it up nice and hot. Hot enough to melt plastic people. I dunno a specific temperature."But if you need help with this,raise your hand and Tommy here will come over and smack you in the head with a TackHammer, cuz your a moron."
11-Now that the dash center is laying face down again and you have the new bezel in place, begin the melting process. Melt the new tabs using the back of the hot spoon. they should melt down and then they will secure the bezel in place once they have cooled.
12-Now you should be done at this point.However if you screwed up somewhere or were afraid that heating a spoon with a flame would bring back old habits, then there is another option. Adhesives.
13-Flip the dash center back over and remove the new bezel. Coat it with some good resin/epoxy or like wise. Chauncy used a hot glue gun I believe. Then center it and install the new bezel on. Simple, you are done. Only thing is, dont plan on ever taking that bezel off again if you use epoxy and such.
14-Once its dry, ready for reinstall mount it back up. Hook all your connections back together. Then push it in gently but firmly,you will hear it snapping into place. If some part doesnt seem all the way in, just give it a healthy bang with your clenched fist. Goes in like butter.
15-Reinstall the phillips screw and call it a day. Relax, grab a beer, call the neighbors round. Whatever you wanna do, you are done.

PS - If you fugg anything up doing this, it is not my fault. These directions are to help you out, not my fault if you fugg something up.

Also, if anyone can chime in with somehting I may have missed. Please do, we're here to help each other out after all.

KB

· Registered
10,350 Posts
KENNY you ROCK Bro!!!!! Fellows any kid who has ever played with Lego can do this and make it a worthy mod to your interior with Minimal effort!!!! The hot spoon trick worked for me and I will use it again until I figure the better way to melt the plastic like the factory does!!!! Just dont use too big of drill where the base gets a more open hole than needed.......just enough to open up the factory melted portion and release it from the Base!!!

121 - 140 of 307 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.