DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
I am Sean Connery...
4,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, this never happened until recently but whenever I start the truck up now, I get this foul smell from the a/c. The truck is almost undriveable. It kinda smells like a mix between wet dog and sour milk...not to mention its blowing warm air so it's a smell of warm, stale wet dog and sour milk. Please...any ideas? I cant do this much longer.

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
After sing the AC and before shutting the engine off put it on high heat and let it blow through the vents

It prevents condensation from forming and causing stinking mold

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
I know, but I hate doing that. I like to hop out of my cold truck and run into my cold house. I dont wanna blast hot air on myself idling in the driveway. :(

KB

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
What you do is put the windows down and do it a block from your house as you are coming home

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
My wife would slap me across the head for doing that. :WHA: She just "runs' hot, I do somewhat as well. I wear a t-shirt and shorts around the house etc during winter and we very rarely run the heater at all. Probably why I have a $290-$350 Gas/Electric bill during summer. Even our baby hates the covers lol at night she kicks them off, during naps etc. Its genetic I guess. So, no rolling with the windows down and heater on in my cars in the Summer, not even for a minute. But I still dont have any funky smelling AC, so its all good. :D

KB

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
I sleep naked all year around
I am 70 years old

If I can take it for a block so can you otherwise by a wimpmobile

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
LOL....I just wear boxers to bed Bob. Before the kids, clothing was optional. ;) But jumping up in the middle of the night, with your kid having a nightmare and You barreling into the room, doing the "Balls/Johnson" Dance....isn't the best way of comforting them.

KB

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
Never done it, but I've heard that spraying some simple green in the intake vents (the center of the black shroud just in front of the windshiiel) will take care of it and give it the smell of simple green which is sassafrass. A wintery tree kinda smell.

·
Registered
55 Posts
KB112 said:
LOL....I just wear boxers to bed Bob. Before the kids, clothing was optional. ;) But jumping up in the middle of the night, with your kid having a nightmare and You barreling into the room, doing the "Balls/Johnson" Dance....isn't the best way of comforting them.

KB
I read the "balls/johnson" dance part and started rolling on the floor. :thatfunny

·
I am Sean Connery...
4,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
KB112 said:

KB
:thatfunny :thatfunny :thatfunny
yeah and also what it would have cost to to buy decent PJs is what it will cost you to put ur kid through therapy after seeing you and you're miniature self sprinting down the hall. Also, pray to god you dont have to run in nothing but socks on hardwood. i had a close call a while ago at my girl friend's house trying to make sure her parents didnt see me...slipped and landed "ball/johnson" side down. I've never had to ice my groin before....what an experience.

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
nos4fuel said:
:thatfunny :thatfunny :thatfunny
yeah and also what it would have cost to to buy decent PJs is what it will cost you to put ur kid through therapy after seeing you and you're miniature self sprinting down the hall. Also, pray to god you dont have to run in nothing but socks on hardwood. i had a close call a while ago at my girl friend's house trying to make sure her parents didnt see me...slipped and landed "ball/johnson" side down. I've never had to ice my groin before....what an experience.

why did u not want her parents to see you were you doing something in their house that you should not have been doing :thatfunny :thatfunny :thatfunny

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
KB112 said:

KB

dude what would yer kid think if you came into the room with tessie the tersticle hanging out of your underoos

·
I am Sean Connery...
4,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
1_ton_mega_cab said:
why did u not want her parents to see you were you doing something in their house that you should not have been doing :thatfunny :thatfunny :thatfunny
ummmmm yeah, their daughter.

·
I am Sean Connery...
4,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ANYWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How do I fix my a/c?

·
Ridin` Dirty
364 Posts
shut off your truck,spray some febreeze in each air vent and around the cab of your truck. turn on your truck, roll the windows up and turn the ac on full blast to send the smell around in the interior. that's what i do to get rid of smoke smell in my truck.

·
I am Sean Connery...
4,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
1_ton_mega_cab said:
lol you try that shit when they are home you deserve to get caught :thatfunny
they weren't home when we started but they came up stairs when they got home so when i heard them i took off running.

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
I've heard of also spraying lysol or something to that effect in that intake vent that kenihemi said. Roll the windows down, let teh truck run on open frsh air instead of recirculate and blast the heater while spraying the shit outta that stuff into that vent area.

KB <--- Wears boxer pajamas with the center button in the fly now. The scream of my then 10 year old daughter when I plopped on the couch and Mr. Johnson flopped out my boxers was a disturbing incident for us all. LOL

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.