DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 93 w-250 and am going to put a Dana 60 up front.

Questions:

1. Did dana 60's come with c.a.d. for 86-93?

2. I found a dodge dana 60 for a grand but it has 3.07 gear ratio which seems ridiculous would it be cheaper to use my chevy 60 and convert it verses rebuilding the axle with the correct ratio?

3. What is a fair price for Dodge dana 60's?

thanks

Brett

·
AirFuelEddie
5,442 Posts
Does the Chevy Dana have the same offset? The differential inline with the passenger side? If it measures out OK with the same Coil spring mounting clearance, I say use it! www.boyceequipment.com can build you one for a lot less than www.dynatrac.com or some of the custom drivleine shops. I think the Dana definitely came with CAD during those years, same as the Dana44F but there is a way around that with a Posi-Lock mechanical shift fork kit that replaces the Vacum assist unit. www.drivetrain.com (click under 4x4 front end disconnect)

·
Registered
4 Posts
My 91 W-250 came with a dana 60 in front. It does not have the annoying and troublesome vacuum 4wd engagement. It has manual hubs and a manual gear selection lever(has a NP205 Transfer case). To my knowledge, these systems were not installed on 60's in the years up to 93. However, they where on dana 44's that where used on the lighter duty W-250's.
Dana 60's equiped in chevy's and Dodges are compatible. the spring pads are located in the exact same spot and pinion angle degree. So if you already have a 60 from a chevy, use it. I have several 60's coming from dodge and chevy's. They are identical, with the exception, the chevy hubs are bigger in diameter, and stearing block design. All bearings, races and seals are the same.
You said you found a 60 from a dodge for a grand. What kind of shape is it in? If the main components are intact and operational, that is a fair price. Of cource, certain locations around the States bring different demands for 4wd components.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow so you have swapped Chevy Dana 60's in on Dodge trucks and the spring perches are the same?

How do you connect up the steering from dodge to Chevy?

Do you acquire a arm off a dodge Dana 60 and bolt it on the steering knuckle?

The Dana 60 axles no matter what brand have bigger brakes and cylinder bores do I put on a 1 ton brake master cylinder?

Any info would be great.

Brett

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.