DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a nail and stopped by my local Big O Tire. Reiterated to both the counter person and the tire person to be careful so as not to scratch, damage or mark up my rim. I stood watching, nothing like a little heat over the shoulder, when the roach coach pulled up. Being a lover of all things bad my attention was turned away for ding dongs and bug juice. I turned back just in time to see the tire guy put down a flat blade screw driver.....WHAT!? What the hell were you doing with a screw driver near my rims. Yep, he used it to pry the weights off.

I was actually pretty calm but when the counter person replied what else do you expect us to use to remove the wheel weights I nearly shoved the ding dong where the sun doesn't shine. At that point all I could do was quietly reply how about a plastic puddy knife and give me the owners name and number.

Owner was professional and sympathetic. I agreed to attempt to having the rim polished. My concern is the clearcoat that needs to be re-applied. I have a neighbor who is an engineer for big auto manufacture and he replied that often clearcoats used afterwards often don't adhere very well and or turn yellow overtime. His recommendation was to either replace with new rim or have it powdercoated with clear. I did some research and did find one place that does rims with powder coat clear.

If I insist on new rim the owner will most likely (I would) fight me on that. Going to court would probably result in me losing as having the rim polished and clearcoated would be viewed as a resonable solution in the eyes of the court.

Your thoughts?

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
That is bs, is there an obvious scratch?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.