DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Kenneth Robert
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
During the summer, it was always because the fuel cap wasn't tight enough. Well, now that it's gotten cold out, my check engine light is just staying on.

I try to crank down the fuel cap the best I can, but it still stays on. I have noticed as the weather gets cold and things shrink (just ask my wife =-) I am getting a little more creak and rattle here and there, but I'm starting to wonder if maybe the check engine light is on for another reason?

The truck runs great....I just turned 50,000 miles. It's a 02 with the 4.7. All gauges read fine....fluid levels are all good.

Do I need to check the codes I see ya'll talking about on here? It's probably been said before, but how do i do that?

I still think it's the stupid gas cap not sealing tight enough, but am starting to wonder.

Any input is appreciated!

PEACE.

·
6.1 FTW
2,307 Posts
You can do the key trick (which you can search on - or someone will post in about 8.2 seconds) or you can stop by autozone and they'll read the codes for you for free.

·
Premium Member
30,924 Posts
The Dodge Key Dance:

Turn the key ON-OFF-ON-OFF-ON within about 5 seconds. Your odometer will then display any codes one at a time. The displayed codes will start with a letter with three digit numbers. Something like P0123 or B1234 and you'll know it's done 'cause it will say "done".

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
Let us know what you code(s) you pull when you do the key trick

·
Kenneth Robert
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Code p 1491

I guess I'll go search it.

·
Kenneth Robert
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are the codes on this site somewhere?

thanks for any help!

·
Kenneth Robert
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Might be the Ac fan fuse. My brother owned the truck before me and said it had blown before....even gave me extra fuses for it.
I guess I'll check this weekend.

Do ya'll agree?

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
Just did a search on here. It seems it could just be the fuse

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.