DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so my girlfriend took the D to inspection today and it passed... and as she was driving home the check engine light went came on... i have no idea why... and im nowhere near the truck right now to check the codes...

has this happened to anyone else? the damn light came on literally a few minutes after inspection... what do they do to the truck during inspection? you think it affected it in any way?

i cant wait to get outta work so i can check up on it... thanks in advance for any input

·
Registered
209 Posts
I'm glad they stopped inspections in Florida.... But I am always looking out for the guy that doesn't have any brakes left and he is still driving.... without insurance of course...lol

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
ok so i got the code...

i searched the forums and got this:

P0121 (M) TPS Voltage Does Not Agree With MAP TPS signal does not correlate to MAP sensor signal

what's the solution? take it to the shop? is there a possible DIY solution? my D is daily driver and i dont wanna put it off too long

:EDIT:

btw, the D is due for a tune up too... any suggestions on a good way to "winterize" my D?

:edit again:

something weird just happened....i was getting out of work today and i noticed that the check engine light didnt turn on when i started the D... and i also drove home and the light didnt come on... i went out drove around for a while and the light didnt turn on.. now im home and still no check engine light... is this normal? does anyone know why or how?

·
Registered
7 Posts
nothing official, and I"m no pro but I had a similar situation occur. . . it might just be a blip. when I put my superchips on a few days later on the freeway chk light came on and the car wouldn't shift out of 2nd (this is @ 60mph) and stayed @3k rpms. I finished what I was doing once reached my destination and it was still on all the way home but drove completely normal now. I pluged her in and at 1st it said no code found, but I was still looking @ the light. I unplugged and jacked it back in and it found the code( transmision). So I reset the code(which light had already turned off) and all has been well for about the last month. I've babied her, ripped her open to 120 on the regular and all seems to be well. I figure the PCM was still adjusting shifting to the program, I was still w/i 100 miles of adding the performence settings.

possibility if they tinkered w/ the TPS or intake while inspecting(don't know why) it might have temporarily throwed off sensors like mine was. either way TPS is a common problem with us 4.7's don't know which ur running. my TPS/stalling problems came up right before and after I got my 60k and up tune. . .beware and be safe, I'd guess/hope its minor especially as the code reset itself.

good luck

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well she's running fine now.... its been a little over a month now... ive opened her up on the highway a few times and shes fine.. so i guess it was a glitch? (keeping fingers crossed)

·
Registered
4,953 Posts
Might just be a sign of your TPS giving up the ghost. Easy $40-70/5 minute fix.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
WarrensD said:
Might just be a sign of your TPS giving up the ghost. Easy $40-70/5 minute fix.
how do i go about doing that? is there a 'do it yourself' method? or if not what do i tell the auto shop to do? thanks for any help.. :)

·
Registered
4,953 Posts
Super easy. Just buy the TPS & R&R with a torx screwdriver. Five minutes max (with a beer break). Just be careful to seat the new sensor properly (ie: read the freaking instructions).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.