DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Fade To Black
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been 3 years since I drove my truck off the dealer's lot and 3 years since I've been meaning to get a spray in liner. Well I finally got my a$$ into gear, sold my drop in bed liner on ebay and just need to make an appointment to get it Rhino Lined. Should have done it a long time ago as you can tell from the pics. I'm going to have to prime some of the bare metal that has had the paint rubbed off.

I have a few questions though:

1) Does everyone have the holes in the bed that I circled in yellow? They are on the drivers side only

2) I didn't ever remember seeing them on other Rams, Do they normally have rubber plugs or something in them.

3) If they are plugged, can they have the lining sprayed over them or should I just leave them unplugged.

Hope this makes sense, thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
Mine is a 2005 2500 and I have the holes, but they have a "plug" in them.

Also, on the spray in bedliner note, everyone has an opinion...I did alot of research on the subject (including a lot of thread searches on this forum) and decided to go with the LineX. It is getting done in a couple of weeks.
My 2 cents.

·
Fade To Black
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hemi Freak said:
Mine is a 2005 2500 and I have the holes, but they have a "plug" in them.

Also, on the spray in bedliner note, everyone has an opinion...I did alot of research on the subject (including a lot of thread searches on this forum) and decided to go with the LineX. It is getting done in a couple of weeks.
My 2 cents.
I was origianlly leaning towards the LINEX but no dealers in my area. Thats why I'm going with the Rhino

·
Fade To Black
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
slammed1 said:
those plugs are in there for assembly line use, I asked the same question to some of the techs at the training center for Chrysler and they said the same thing!!!
Wonder if I can get them from the dealer and then just spray the liner over the plugs

·
Hemi Power
2,017 Posts
Yeah, when I bought my truck, I was going to get a spray-in liner. But, the dealer talked me out it, and sold me the mopar plastic drop-in. When I took that out to get my Line-X sprayed, the bed was all scratched up. The plastic drop-ins are worthless pieces of crap. DON'T BUY THEM PLEASE.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
My Line-X dealer just sprayed over the plugs ... it is the drain holes towards the cab that you want to make sure are kept open.

·
2004 Black_Hemi_QC
1,688 Posts
Hmmmm....I should take a pic of my Armaguard spray in liner and post it......truck is almost a year old tomorrow. The spray in liner still looks great and yes the drain holes are still clear and not plugged. The Armaguard dealer took off all the anchors and access plate to the rear tailgate off before he sprayed.

·
Vertically-Challenged
12,020 Posts
HEMI FREAK, post some pics when yours gets done. You got that scheduled at that show right?

My bed has plugs on them as most everyones here. Im not sure what i want to do, Bedrug or Spray in. Im not going drop in, WEAK. Im also getting a tauno(i have no idea how to spell this damn thing) cover sometime

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
Sam,

Yea, I scheduled it at the Goodguys show a couple weeks back. With a $50 deposit, they took $50 off the price if you scheduled it then. I have been very busy the last couple of weeks, so I scheduled it for the first week of July.
I'll let you know how it comes out (and post pics of course!).

·
Registered
20 Posts
I am taking my 2500 in next week to have the Line-X done. I am getting it thru my dealership, and they informed me that Line-X would like to use my truck as a test truck for a new product. From what I understand, they spay in the liner just as normal, and then add a cover of Kevlar over that to make it even stronger. Kevlar is the same stuff used in bulletproof vests. Anyone heard of this?

·
Registered
318 Posts
Geez, can spray-in get any tougher than it already is? How can you lose? I say if they want to do it for free, then go for it.

·
Fade To Black
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I think I'm going to see if I can get the rubber plugs from the dealer and have them spray over it. Just dont want to have those holes in the middle of the bed. Of course the drain holes by the cab I will leave open.

·
Banned
7,000 Posts
My truck "came" with a drop in liner....the dealer wasnt too happy when I told them to take it out and give me the credit. No way was that POS staying in my truck.

Oh yeah LINE-X all the way!!

·
Registered
593 Posts
I've had mine in for a few years now. I guess I better take a look under neath. How are the suckers held in? Are they a pain to get out?

·
Fade To Black
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
With the MOPAR one like I have, you have to remove the 4 tie down cleats in the 4 corners of the bed and 2 plastic screw fasteners on the sides near the tailgate.

·
Banned
524 Posts
dstryker said:
It's been 3 years since I drove my truck off the dealer's lot and 3 years since I've been meaning to get a spray in liner. Well I finally got my a$$ into gear, sold my drop in bed liner on ebay and just need to make an appointment to get it Rhino Lined. Should have done it a long time ago as you can tell from the pics. I'm going to have to prime some of the bare metal that has had the paint rubbed off.
Why do you have to prime it? Most places are going to scratch the hell out of it anyway.....and this stuff bonds to the bed....shouldn't get rust under there

·
Fade To Black
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
johninaustin said:
Why do you have to prime it? Most places are going to scratch the hell out of it anyway.....and this stuff bonds to the bed....shouldn't get rust under there
I just figured it couldnt hurt, besides I did it yesterday. It only took about 15 min.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.