DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
81 - 93 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
5,980 Posts
looks totalled to me but if they do try to fix it it will never be the same so i would get another one.Glad to hear that everybody is okay, that nobody got hurt.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Dont you know its suppose to be the other way around! :0

·
Don't fear the sheepdog
6,404 Posts
thecrapshoveler said:
.............a lawsuit verse Lowe's because he walked into one of the support beams they have. He was looking at something and split his eyebrow wide open...............So sad. Amazing what this country has come to.
That is sad. We have no responsibility for our own actions anymore. It's always someone else's fault. He's not watching where he's going, and hit a beam but, it's Lowes' fault for not padding the beam (or blocking it off).
If your kid wrecks their bike on a bump in the sidewalk, it's not the kids fault for not being good at riding yet. It's the home owners fault for not fixing the sidewalk..... let's sue them and take their house.
We can't let things be anymore. It's all about money. Who can I screw out of how much. It's a real shame indeed. :(

·
Registered
194 Posts
Who was the other person's insurance company?? That will also make a difference in how things are handled. When I was involved in a motorcycle accident in 2003, I suffered alot of soft tissue damage to my ribs and back. The guy that caused the wreck was on company time, so his employers ins co handled the claim. That company was Allstate. They are by far the worst to have to deal with. And that came from the 4 lawyers I consulted with after I couldn't get anywhere on my own. None of the lawyers wanted the case after they found out they had to go against Allstate. All I heard for the following 6 months was that I was not hurt that bad. I was off work for 11 weeks and had just over $30K in medical bills alone.....not to mention lost wages. Initially Allstate would not cover the overtime I lost. I did eventually get them to compensate me for the OT, but it was about the only thing I got in my favor. In the end, I think I ended up with about $15K....It was enough to in a new furnace with central air in the house and pay off a few things, but that was it. Had my own insurance company had to take care of it, they were ready to write me a check for the limit of my coverage...that was $50K at the time. If the person that caused the wreck would not have been on company time, he only had state min coverage....7500/12000......

Anyway....Good luck and make sure you stick to your guns and get what you think is fair.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
So here is the deal, my insurance company went with the retail KBB & what my truck sells for in the area, which to my surprise from dealers was about 14,900, yes I did check around because he e-mailed me a butt load of links to the dealer quotes. They threw in another 2000.00 for the mods without receipt, so $16,900. As far as any other costs, tags, title, tax, and some miscellaneous stuff that comes from my main adjuster, who has been very helpful to this point.

So let me clear up what if I am happy. NO, but I was a bit unrealistic I guess, but I do think it’s a semi fair price for my truck.
So that is it I’m without a truck and it’s my wife’s turn to pick a vehicle and I can say it’s not going to be a truck.

Well I will be lurking around, thanks everyone.
:rck:
Steve

·
Mopar Or No Car!
1,786 Posts
i_needit said:
So here is the deal, my insurance company went with the retail KBB & what my truck sells for in the area, which to my surprise from dealers was about 14,900, yes I did check around because he e-mailed me a butt load of links to the dealer quotes. They threw in another 2000.00 for the mods without receipt, so $16,900. As far as any other costs, tags, title, tax, and some miscellaneous stuff that comes from my main adjuster, who has been very helpful to this point.

So let me clear up what if I am happy. NO, but I was a bit unrealistic I guess, but I do think it’s a semi fair price for my truck.
So that is it I’m without a truck and it’s my wife’s turn to pick a vehicle and I can say it’s not going to be a truck.

Steve
So wait a sec you stated YOUR insurance company-i thought it was the other persons? What insurance company do you have if you dont mind me asking? And as for the price for your truck I actually think thats pretty good. You have a 2002 2wd. I know its nice but I would expect something around that for mine and i have a 03 4wd IMHO. Not trying to start anything just think thats a fair price-especially with what these trucks are going for new lately. Even though I still think the situation sucks as you did have a perfectly fine truck to begin with.

·
Registered
25,358 Posts
i_needit said:

Steve
Steve keep her in a dodge at least!

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
You are correct it's a good price, and when they told me what they were giving me I said thank you. I'm not extreamly happy, but all things considered I'm good with the truck price they gave me. But I want the money for the things I have had to pay for out of my pocket, thats all and thats what I have said from the start, I just want whats fair and thats all.

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
I think 16K is a good price, I agree that it sux you lost a great truck, but I think the price received is fair. As was mentioned, vehicles depreciate in value so quickly, that its impossible to get what you paid into it. I am glad that the insurance company is taking good care of you, and hope that everything keeps going smoothly. I am sorry to hear that you most likely wont be back in a truck, but please try to keep it dodge

·
Registered
76 Posts
I cant say more about how a-holeish insurance companies are!!!! We have been in a struggle with a house for the last two years. We are JUST now making progress. A lawyer my dad works with told him that you should fight for what you feel is fair, but you will always lose a little. If they come out with a rediculous offer to begin with, throw it back in their faces. Our company quoted an offer equal to 10% of the repair costs. We are in the process of taking them to court. As soon as we made the threat the money flowed in and they started throwing offers around. If i had to give advice. Dont settle for anything you are not happy with, remember that everyone has to loose a little, including you, and dont let them have their way with your prizes possession! Nothing good comes out of these situations.

Good Luck!

Mike

·
Registered
76 Posts
Sorry i didnt read the whole thread, just 3 pages. Sounds like they are treating you better than ours is. Good luck.

Mike

·
Habitual Line Stepper
552 Posts
A couple of things, glad everyone is ok first off.

I was in a wreck last March. My fault I know, I admit it. I rolled forward 6 inches and bumped a girls bumper. She didnt go when the light turned green, and I was looking down writing prices from a machine shop. I just saw traffic moving out of the corner of my eye, and took my foot off the brake. Didnt hit the gas, hell I didnt have time. Long story short.
USAA is making me pay $110 extra a month for 12 months for a "Fee" for causing the accident. Thats $1320 extra.
They paid out a total of $1100 for her repairs and rental.

81 - 93 of 93 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.