DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
9,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just rolled in to Jupiter Florida about 2 hours from Miami FL... The new built 4.7L (.040 10.65:1cr & H/O cams) pulled a gross weight of 12320lbs without issue.

We averaged 10MPG over the trip with several stops between gas stops... The engine ran at a slolid 180 degress the entire trip. There was no issue getting the 12300+ lbs rolling and the new engine towed the trailer and held overdrive between 60-65MPH without downshifting much at all. It would pull most small hills without downshifting. On hills that had steep inclines all I did was slowely let off the gas to prevent the down shift... most of the time only lossing 5MPH by the top of the hill.

Bottom line is this thing pulls STRONG with GOBBS of torque as it sits. It ant no Diesle... but its more then enough to motovate 12300lbs!

This is yet another PROVEN fact that the SULLIVAN intake does NOT lack torque one bit... If the Sullivan intake had torque issues we would have experienced this lack of torque on this trip... but 10MPG pulling 12300+ lbs is proof that we had torque! Not once did the truck strugle, not once did I regret the weight of the load.

The trip begain with less then 365 miles on the NEW enigne. We did one oil change prior to departing... and then hit the road. Not the way I would have liked to do it.. but had no choice and had no time to do it differently.

I had installed the solid lash adjusters at first setting the lash between .002 & .003 but since I was in a mad rush to get everything together over a 2 day period.Iscrewed up on locking one down. Being very tired at 0300hrs in the morning, I screwed up and somhow skipped locking down one of the locks on One lash adjusters. So about 100 miles after the initial fire up a knock developed. When installed they did make a slight noticable ticking sound... I decided this was not a good time to experiement with the solids and purchased a new set of Hydraulics and tossed them in at which time I found the lose adjuster... They will most certanly go back in, its not that they did not work... They worked just fine, I just screwed up and missed locking one of the 16 down.

I had the load weighed at a state truck stop. I have the certificate to prove the load.

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Cant wait to see you track results.

Did you move down there?

·
Devil's Advocate
8,224 Posts
yea whats the story with you being here in FL?

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
I would assume that includes the weight of the truck.

·
Registered
32,962 Posts
I would assume that includes the weight of the truck.
Not the way I read it!

This is yet another PROVEN fact that the SULLIVAN intake does NOT lack torque one bit... If the Sullivan intake had torque issues we would have experienced this lack of torque on this trip... but 10MPG pulling 12300+ lbs is proof that we had torque! Not once did the truck strugle, not once did I regret the weight of the load.

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
Thats awesome to get DOUBLE the fuel mileage that he should have gotten.....

·
slow as a slug
333 Posts
dude yeah whats the reason for coming to fla with 6 tons of stuff?? btw nice use of military time in that haha took me a sec to figure it out >_<

·
Devil's Advocate
8,224 Posts
I'm positive that includes the truck weight

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
When you are saying you pulled a gross weight of 12K that would mean pulling a 12K trailer in my books

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
gcwr=truck and trailer....

either way, good fuel mileage, no doubt
Where did you see GCWR?

I had the load weighed at a state truck stop. I have the certificate to prove the load.
Do you know what a load is?

·
Devil's Advocate
8,224 Posts
When you are saying you pulled a gross weight of 12K that would mean pulling a 12K trailer in my books

I think he meant the engine was pulling that weight, not the truck

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Clear it up nick! :)

·
Registered
9,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Im sorry guys... That was the total weight... When I pulled up to the scale the officer wanted me to get off it. There was a line behind me and was waiving me off the scale. I was able to get him to let me weigh the truck but he did the GROSS and did not want to mess around with axle weight since It would have taken a more time to get it on the individual scales. So he just had me back up to large scale and gave me the total gross weight. BUT my track weight is 5125lbs.... So some simple math will tell you the approximate trailer weight of 7175lbs.

Either way, it was a heavy load and we experienced ZERO problems with it. Thanks for all the feedback... it did pull VERY well and had no issues what so ever pulling the load, even from a dead stop going up a steep hill it pulled without hesitation, I had to rev it up to 3500 rpms in 1st, 2nd & 3rd but it showed no sign of struggling.

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

·
Devil's Advocate
8,224 Posts
Hey let me know if you wanna go to PBIR on night nick, I'd like to meet up with ya

·
slow as a slug
333 Posts
hey nick, did you move to homestead?? i got the power wire today and it was shipped from there, if your now gonna be in homestead then imma come there for the gear change (4.56 and lsd)

·
Registered
506 Posts
hey me too!

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
seems like nick has been off the radar now for a while.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.