DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
25,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to Jeffb2002 and rubberfrog and slightly (1LED) to quietpeen LOL for doning the LED blue conversion on my truck this weekend in the snow yet.

Couple things we found out the 02 headlight switch although looks like my 04 switch they are different and not interchangable. So my headlight switch is not done yet. Same goes for the 04 to 06 overhead console. Not interchangable but look identical. that we were able to still do. Jeff and rubberfrog have WAY more patience then I do with this type of work and I thank them for doing this for me. Nothing like working in the snow. LOL

Attachments

·
RAIDER FAN
2,690 Posts
Looks great!

·
Nut up or Shut up
1,412 Posts
Looks sweet, would love to do this to mine, but blue light bothers my eyes if its too bright at night, still love the way it looks

·
Got'R Did
1,638 Posts
looks good, sounds like ya'll had a good time at the Yoders meet. next time I will be there...

·
You've been Hijacked
14,749 Posts
Let me tell you, it looks so much better in person. I'm sure one day I will have mine done.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I think I just found my next mod! That looks great man, how long did it take from start to finish?

·
15,912 Posts
Daayyyuuummmm...someone have too much coffee today!! LOL :D I can honestly say guys....It looks waaayyyyy better in person than in the pictures. Enjoy it Craig!! I will do your headlight switch @ Carlisle or if I can find an 04 switch, I will convert it to LED and send it to you...then you can send me yours as a core.

quietpeen said:
Let me tell you, it looks so much better in person. I'm sure one day I will have mine done.
Let's talk Butch....we can do it @ Carlisle definately depending on circumstances.

BlackRam1500 said:
I think I just found my next mod! That looks great man, how long did it take from start to finish?
Well.....Like when George (RubberFrog) first came down when we did our original install....we were trying out new techniques and trying to add to the knowledge base for this Mod. We did run into a couple of problems with the 4x4 switch as there was not a lot of room to get the LED and the resistor in there. through some trial and error we were finally able to get it all soldered up. That is what took the most time. All the other stuff was just remove the old bulbs and put the LED's in. If the LED was not lit, then turn it 180* and it lit right up. The LED's are polar and have to be in a certain way. I would say if you have not done it before, the LED swap could take all day.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Wow that looks friggen awesome. Any chance on getting some light to the steering wheel and lighting up the Cruise control switches?

·
15,912 Posts
Wow that looks friggen awesome. Any chance on getting some light to the steering wheel and lighting up the Cruise control switches?
Not a chance. Those switches where the writing is is not translucent...so you would have to cut out the lettering and TBH not worth it. Plus, you would have to get power to and from the steering wheel column horn ring as you would trash the wires as you turned the wheel. I agree with you though...Dodge should have made them illuminate.

·
I RECOMMEND FUKKEN WAX
13,990 Posts
I'm glad you like it Craig! As mentioned, pictures don't do justice to this mod. I recommend doing this mod during the day when it's warm (not at midnight, 15*, in the snow....). lol

·
I RECOMMEND FUKKEN WAX
13,990 Posts
Blue led's just feel right for a winter blues mod.

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
Thats a cool ass mod, I like.

·
Registered
31,160 Posts

·
TXHEMI21
65 Posts
Damn! Looks Good... Wish I Could Have Somethin Like It

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
Hey Jeff, when are you and George coming to Canada to do mine? I'll supply the beer and the heat will be on in the shop so you won't be cold :D

Looks great Craig, congrats

1 - 20 of 112 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.