DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for all who have a dakota rt. if you have a cam what all did you have to change or did youll just slap the cam in? did you need computer modifications? what cams did youll use? i want to do a cam but i just added it up as to what mopar performance told me they said cam, rocker arms, and computer flash well over $1100. i am a mechanic so i am mechanically inclined and i dont think the rocker arms are needed, the flash i can understand.

· Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it is a 1.7 they want me to get.

· Registered
590 Posts
when i did my cam swap i went with Crower 1:7 adj rockers(sold the HS 1:6`s), Crower rev kit, new push rods and had to have the heads machined for new springs. so all together it was ~$1100 all together. cam is a custom Crower regrind and i dont have my cam card handy so i dont remember the specs.

all my stuff was purchased thru socaldakota.com

your ECM will need a reflash and fuel sync will need tweaking. also you will need to degree the cam.

· Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the inout guys. i will get cracking on it because the problem i have is no higher end power after about 50. did youll notice big improvements at higher speeds?

· Registered
590 Posts
99R/Tman said:
thanks for the inout guys. i will get cracking on it because the problem i have is no higher end power after about 50. did youll notice big improvements at higher speeds?

sounds like ya got the socalled *Death Flash* was a stealership bandaid to stop ping. this was/is mostly from the belly pan gasket on the intake. once ya swap the M-1 in ya wont have that worry anymore.

this is the cam i got from socaldakota.com

206/208 .515/.515 111 lsa 107 centerline Crower

works great with stock or mild port heads and most bolt on mods.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.