- Powerwire
- Ram Air Intake
- 206 Cam
Dakota by three lenghts (bus lengths.)

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dakota by 3 bus lengths huh? Im assuming you were kidding around, because we went down the 8th when I only had a programmer, intake, and powerwire, he pulled me by 2 1/2 trucks. I noticed a drematical difference with the 4.56 Gears, Cam, and headers.

·
Banned
2,489 Posts
mhammons said:
Dakota by 3 bus lengths huh? Im assuming you were kidding around, because we went down the 8th when I only had a programmer, intake, and powerwire, he pulled me by 2 1/2 trucks. I noticed a drematical difference with the 4.56 Gears, Cam, and headers.
Sorry. The Ram is a heavy truck and you didn't say RC or QC 4.7? When I think of a Ram I think QC 4X4 and 5600 lbs. The R/T's I think of run low 14's but, they must not be "stock". If your a RC and have a perfect tune for your cams and no traction issues I can see high 14's??? I did 4.7L development for 1 1/2 years and it has some potential and it has it's place but, IMHO it's not in a 4800 lbs truck that's a brick wall in the wind trying to go fast???

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
I raced a friend with an R/T ext. cab Dakota.
He had headers on the truck and a cut-out if I remember right.
I beat him a few times with my quad-cab at Ennis.

Take that for what you will . . .

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry I didn't get more specific. My truck is a RCSB 2wd. I'm pretty sure I can get in the mid 14's (14.6's) once I get a better tune.

·
BAMF
1,911 Posts
Dakota R/T's are monsters when modded. My RCSB 2wd with the mods listed in my sig beat a CC R/T that had the GSM True Dual exhaust, K&N, and a B&G flash in a best of 3 grudge match at Virginia Motorsports Park. We crossed very, VERY close each time. I can't speak for the 4.7...my old 03 had the 4.7 and the motor grenaded itself before I got a chance to mod it any.

·
Ramman
1,599 Posts
Dakota R/T’s are nice trucks, 360ci engine and light.

I my self have raced 2 different supercharged Dakota R/T’s at the local ¼ mile.

With my NOS and using a 4-Hi Launch in my heavy QC 4X4 I beat both those trucks (I can also take down SRT10 QC RAMs too, in that configuration)

With out my NOS, they spanked me, no problem.

I say RCSB Hemi fastest. The Dakota R/T and modded 4.7 RAM would probably be a good battle, but I feel the Dakota R/T will still win, by just a little.

1’st RCSB
2’nd Dakota R/T
3’rd 4.7 RAM

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Id say Dakota R/T, 4.7 Ram, 5.7 Ram in that order. Itd be a pretty good race really. Any guesses are just that, guesses. Only way to find out is to run them.

·
Hemi2nV
7,813 Posts
a reg cab dakota r/t vs a rc hemi is supposed to be close
a ext cab r/t vs a QC hemi is supposed to be even

But the tuning possibilities for the 360 are endless where as the hemi is limited. I should of got a 04 QC dakota R/T i almost bought one but got my hemi instead. Oh well. Ill have a go fast car pretty soon.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.