DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was out having a little bit of fun tonight, bracket racing people who weren't suspecting it, making my truck inhale large amounts of nitrous oxide for no apparent reason, and picking on random ricers.

It all started while I was bracket racing some old guy in a Sentra when 2 guys pulled up next to me and my gf in the Dakota. Well, I didn't pay attention until they floored it off the line, so then I floored it, sprayed it and flew by them. This happened again at the next light, except since he was going faster than me down the road, he was sitting there waiting and I was approaching as the light turned green, so I just flew by him, offending him even more.

We finally get pulled up to a light where we have time to sit and ponder his future. He decides he wants to lose, so right off the line, I give him the jump (make sure he's really game), floor it, spray him to be sure, put about 6 lengths on him at 55.

He pulls up again, his buddy in the passenger seat looks at me and says "thats pretty nice", so I replied with "thanks. you guys want some more? I can actually launch it...". They were go again. So the light changes, I launched it real soft (around 1400 rpm) to make sure it would still hook, but be closer to my power band. I spun a bit, he spun a bit (stickshift launches=funny). By the time I shifted 1-2, I had about 3 cars on him (on motor), he wasn't gaining any, so I decided to juice it just to rub it in. I had roughly 7 lengths on him by 70 mph, where I let off. To put the length I had on him in numbers, when I coasted from 70, I was already down to about 50 when he finally passed me. If I had sprayed it through first gear, it would have been brutal. After that, I turned off the road, I was done for the night. I'll have video of it in a couple days when I get my 4 pin to 4 pin firewire card, since for some reason dell put a 4 pin connector on my computer and my notebook card with the 6 pin doesn't fit this computer.

So I ordered a new cable from newegg, once it gets here, I'll post the video.

·
Mopar Kid
552 Posts
nice kills

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So the video wasn't good. Apparently my girlfriend doesn't believe in taping the other car too....the whole run was a shot of me driving...very boring.

But I'm currently uploading my 0-80 video.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
129 Posts
how did you get your gauges blue???? i hate that ugly sea green color

·
Mopar Kid
552 Posts
I forgot about this, the Chrysler Aspen has blue gauges. Same desgin as our Dakota, I'm sure they would fit. Also there blue!

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
kotablu said:
how did you get your gauges blue???? i hate that ugly sea green color
Mine are still green...I like the green, even have my tranny temp and oil pressure gauges to match it.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
superdak05 said:
what type of nitrous set up is that. i am looking into a setup but cant make up my mind yet
Zex #82023, jetted with a 43 nitrous jet and a 26 fuel jet, I have a Zex #82010 purge kit and a Zex #82006 bottle warmer. It took a whopping 2 hours to install and is the easiest kit on the market.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.